RUFORUM MasterCard Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the RUFORUM MasterCard Undergraduate & Masters Scholarships for African Students. Interested students should see the details below.
RUFORUM MasterCard Scholarship Details and FAQs
- RUFORUM MasterCard Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- To be taken at (Universities)
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How to Apply for the RUFORUM MasterCard Scholarship
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation, Gulu University and Egerton University are implementing an eight year program aimed at transforming African agricultural universities and their graduates to better respond to developmental challenges through enhanced application of science, technology, business and innovation for rural agricultural transformation. This is eight year program (2016-2024) and will be supporting students that are economically disadvantaged, those from post-conflict and conflict affected areas of Africa.
Students who are economically disadvantaged, and students from post-conflict and conflict-affected areas of Africa, are welcome to apply for admission and financial support at Gulu University (Uganda) or Egerton University (Kenya). The announcements lists the available academic programs at each university.
The Regional Universities Forum for Capacity Building in Agriculture (RUFORUM) is partnering with the MasterCard Foundation, Gulu University, and Egerton University to enhance the application of science, technology, business, and innovation for rural agriculture.
When is the application deadline?
31st March 2019 at 17:00 Hours (GMT+3).
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
African countries. 70% will be for Kenya and Uganda nationals.
To be taken at (Universities)
Gulu University and Egerton University.
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- This scholarship opportunity is open to African students of all race, colour, dissent and who in particular are economically disadvantaged and those coming from conflict and post-conflict areas of Africa.
- The applicant has to be in position to qualify for admission into undergraduate and/or postgraduate programs at Gulu University and/or Egerton University as listed above.
- Students already having a scholarship of any kind are not eligible to benefit this scholarship opportunity anyone with a double scholarship if found will automatically be discontinued.
Females are particularly encouraged to apply
How many scholarship awards are available?
50 Undergraduate and 20 Masters Scholarships
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
How to Apply for the RUFORUM MasterCard Scholarship
Applicants should obtain application forms for both the scholarships and admission from the university of choice. Applicants shall only apply to one university of choice. Application forms can also be downloaded from the Scholarship Webpage link below.