Applications are currently ongoing for the RNTC Fully-Funded Media and Journalism Scholarships, Netherlands. Interested students should see the details below.
RNTC Fully-Funded Media and Journalism Scholarship Details and FAQs
Are you a journalist, a blogger or a media manager? if yes, then this scholarship is meant for you. RNTC is a media training institute which has brought career-changing skills to more than 3000 media professionals from around the world for over 45 years.
RNTC is offering Media and Journalism fellowships to young Sub-Saharan Africans and Students from developing countries.
The following courses are available for this scholarship
- Investigative journalism
- Media campaigns
- Producing media to counter radicalization
- Using media for development
When is the application deadline?
13th July 2018
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What are the eligible African countries?
Angola, Benin, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Djibouti, DR Congo, Egypt, Ethiopia, Ghana, Guinea-Bissau, Ivory Coast, Kenya, Lesotho, Mali, Mauritania, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Sudan, South Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
Other eligible countries include:
Afghanistan, Albania, Armenia, Autonomous Palestinian Territories, Bangladesh, Belize, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Brazil, Cambodia, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Ecuador, El Salvador, Eritrea, Fiji, Georgia, Guatemala, Guyana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iraq, Iran, Jordan, Kiribati, Kosovo, Laos, Macedonia, Marshall Islands, Micronesia, Moldova, Nepal, Nicaragua, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Philippines, Samoa, São Tomé and Principe, Solomon Islands, Sri Lanka, Suriname, Syria, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Vietnam, Yemen.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?:
- Applicants must be from any country listed above.
- Applicants must be professional journalists, programme-makers, broadcast trainers and managers coming from the countries listed above.
How to Apply for the RNTC Fully-Funded Media and Journalism Scholarship
Interested applicants select any of these courses to apply:
- Media Campaigns for Development and Social Change
- Producing Media to Counter Radicalization
- Investigative Journalism
Once you have selected any of the courses above, Make clear in your application to RNTC that you are intending to apply for an NFP or MSP scholarship. The option is included in the RNTC application form (only available for ‘NFP’ and ‘MSP’ courses before the NFP/MSP deadline).
The following documents are required for application:
- Copy of a valid passport
- A Government Statement (if applicable for your country). Please check this overview to see if this applies for your country.
- An Employer’s Statement
- A Motivational letter. Make sure you address the following questions in your letter:
1) What is the issue or problem you want to address in your country?
2) How will this course enable you to address this issue?
3) How will you address this issue considering your position within your organization?