About the PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship
- About the PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship
- Application Procedure/Instructions for the PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship:
- About PTDF:
Applications are opened annually for the PTDF Scholarship for undergraduate Nigerian students. The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by Decree 25 of 1973 for the purpose of developing and promoting petroleum technology and for creating the manpower needs of the oil and gas industry through research and training of Nigerians.
PTDF Scholarship Criteria for Eligibility:
For Nigerian Undergraduate Students Only
- Possession of 5 credits in WAEC/SSCE/NECO including English Language and Mathematics.
- Must have concluded the 1st year of their study in any of the PTDF upgraded Federal Universities listed above.
- Must have scored a minimum CGPA of 3.0 on scale of 5 or 4.5 on a scale of 7 in their first Year.
- Must scan and attach a copy of their admission letter
- Students admitted into the University through Direct Entry i.e. 200 level must have either of the following:
- Minimum of Upper Credit at the Diploma level
- Minimum of 10 points in interim Joint Matriculation Board (I.J.M.B) examination.
- Minimum of 8 points at the Advanced Level General Certificate of Education (G.C.E).
List of PTDF Eligible Nigerian Universities
Any applicant for the PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship must be a bonafide student of any of the following institutions:
- University of Port Harcourt
- University of Ibadan
- University of Nigeria Nsukka
- University of Benin
- University of Jos
- University of Maiduguri
- Ahmadu Bello University
- Usman Dan Fodio University
- University of Uyo
- Bayero University Kano
- Federal University Otuoke
- Umaru Musa University, Katsina
- Obafemi Awolowo University
- University of Calabar
- Federal University of Technology, Minna
- Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- University of Ilorin
Number of Scholarships:
The scholarship is renewed annually until completion of undergraduate programme.
Eligible Countries/Target Groups:
All Nigerian Undergraduate Students from the above-listed institutions.
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
Worth: N250,000 + Laptop (to be given at first payment only)
Application Procedure/Instructions for the PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship:
To complete your application for PTDF Undergraduate Scholarship, you need the following documents to the application portal:
- Birth Certificate or its equivalent
- Local Government of Origin Identification
- WAEC Result
- Admission Letter
The above 5 are compulsory, other optional documents include
- Year 1 Result
- Diploma Result
- O’level result
- 2nd O’level result (if two sitting)
How to Get the PTDF Application PIN
PTDF authorities will send a pin to the host departments in the various institutions listed below. You are expected to go to any of the locations to collect your application pin, depending on your institution.
Although, before now you are expected to have verified that your CGPA is above 3.0.
List of PTDF LSS Universities
|S/N||NAME OF SCHOOLS||HOST DEPARTMENTS|
|1||UNIVERSITY OF PORT HARCOURT||GAS ENGINEERING|
|2||UNIVERSITY OF MAIDUGURI||GEOLOGY|
|3||UNIVERSITY OF IBADAN||PETROLEUM ENGINEERING|
|4||UNIVERSITY OF NIGERIA NSUKKA||GEOLOGY|
|5||UNIVERSITY OF BENIN||CHEMICAL ENGINEERING|
|6||AHMADU BELLO UNIVERSITY, ZARIA||CHEMICAL ENGINEERING|
|7||USMAN DAN FODIO UNIVERSITY||PETROLEUM CHEMISTRY|
|8||UNIVERSITY OF JOS||GEOLOGY & MINING|
|9||BAYERO UNIVERSITY, KANO||ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING|
|10||UNIVERSITY OF UYO ENGINEERING||CHEMICAL/PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEERING|
|11||UNIVERSITY O0F ILORIN||GEOLOGY & MINERAL SCIENCE|
|12||UNIVERSITY OF CALABAR||APPLIED CHEMISTRY|
|13||OBAFEMI AWOLOWO UNIVERSITY ILE IFE||GEOLOGY|
|14||FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY MINNA||CHEMICAL ENGINEERING|
|15||FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY OWERRI||PETROLEUM ENGINEERING|
|16||ABUBAKAR TAFAWA BALEWA UNIVERSITY, BAUCHI||PETROLEUM ENGINEERING|
|17||UNIVERSITY OF LAGOS||CHEMICAL ENGINEERING|
|18||ENUGU STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY||METTALLURGICAL & MATERIALS ENGINEERING|
|19||BENUE STATE UNIVERSITY||CHEMISTRY|
|20||UMARU MUSA YAR’ADUA UNIVERSITY||RENEWABLE ENERGY CENTER|
|21||NIGERIAN DEFENCE ACADEMY||MECHANICAL ENGINEERING|
|22||FEDERAL UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY, YOLA||MECHANICAL ENGINEERING|
|23||UNIVERSITY OF ABUJA||PYHSICS|
|24||NNAMDI AZIKWE UNIVERSITY||MECHANICAL/PRODUCTION ENGINEERING|
|25||RIVERS STATE UNIVERSITY OF SCIENCE & TECHNOLOGY||CHEMICAL/PETROCHEMICAL ENGINEERING|
|26||NIGER DELTA UNIVERSITY||MECHANICAL ENGINEERING|
After successfully completing this, you are expected to patiently wait for the list of shortlisted candidates to be published in your school. This is the list of successful candidates that have been invited to write the exam.
Thereafter, another list of successful names will be published. This final list is the list that indicates whether you have gotten the scholarship or not.
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is an Agency of the Federal Government of Nigeria established by Act No. 25 of 1973 for the purpose of training and educating Nigerians for its Oil and Gas industry.
The Fund’s Mandate is dedicated to building of capacities and capabilities in Nigeria’s Oil and Gas industry through the development of human capacities, institutional capacity development as well as the promotion of research and acquisition of relevant technologies.