About the PTDF:
The Petroleum Technology Development Fund (PTDF) is a parastatal of the Ministry of Petroleum Resources established by Decree 25 of 1973 for the purposes of development, promotion and implementation of petroleum technology and manpower needs through research and training of Nigerians.
Our mission therefore is to train Nigerians to qualify as graduates, professionals, technicians and craftsmen in the field of engineering, geology, science and management in the oil and gas industry in Nigeria or abroad. We have a vision to serve not only as a vessel for the development of indigenous manpower and technology transfer/acquisition in the petroleum industry but also to make Nigeria a human resource centre for the West African sub-region.
About the Scholarship/Brief Description:
The PTDF is inviting suitably qualified candidates for MSc Scholarships. An aptitude test will be conducted for the 2015/2016 MSc applicants. Scholarships will be awarded to candidates that meet the selection requirements. Application Forms can be accessed online using an ATM card or through purchase of a scratch card from designated main branches of First Bank of Nigeria Plc in all the States and FCT, upon payment of a NON-REFUNDABLE sum of N1,000 (One Thousand Naira Only). Instructions on how to access the form online is clearly stated on the backside of the cards. Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements below shall be shortlisted and invited for Electronic Aptitude Test on a date to be announced later.
Value of Scholarship/Inclusions:
Not yet specified.
1. VIEW THE LIST OF ELIGIBLE COURSES ON THE PTDF OFFICIAL PAGE TO CONFIRM YOU ARE QUALIFIED TO APPLY. You are also required to apply only once. You will be DISQUALIFIED if you apply twice.
2. DO NOT REFRESH YOUR BROWSER OR CLICK YOUR BROWSER BACK BUTTON WHILE APPLYING.
3. To purchase your PIN for the application, click on “BUY PIN” button. Enter your name, email and phone number accurately in the box provided.
4. Click on “PROCEED TO PAYMENT” link.
5. Follow the instructions on the online payment page to enter your Interswitch or Verve card details.
6. Click on the “Buy” button to proceed with the purchase of the PIN or click the “Cancel” button if you do not wish to proceed with the purchase.
7. A successful transaction page will be displayed with your PIN.
8. If your transaction fails then you may have to try again by entering your card details correctly. ENSURE you have sufficient balance in your account.
9. PLEASE COPY YOUR PIN AND KEEP IT SAFE AS IT WILL BE REQUIRED FOR UPDATES ALL THROUGH THE APPLICATION EXERCISE.
10. Click on the “Continue” button.
11. Click on the “START APPLICATION” button to continue with your application.
Important Note for your application
Applicants may please note that only those who meet the requirements below shall be shortlisted and invited for a Computer Based Aptitude Test, in the case of MSc applicants, while oral interview will be conducted for PhD applicants (full time and Split-site) on dates to be announced later. Following the aptitude tests and interview, successful candidates will be selected and awarded the PTDF Scholarship.
Who should Apply
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE POSSESSION OF A VALID UNIVERSITY ADMISSION LETTER IS COMPULSORY FOR LSS AND ALL MSC AND PHD APPLICANTS.
THE LOCAL SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME (LSS)
- A minimum of Second Class Upper (2.1) in an Oil and Gas related field OR a 2.2 with oil and gas industry experience.
- National Youth Service (NYSC) certificate.
- Applicants must be computer literate.
- Possession of O/level with Credit in English Language; At least C6 in WAEC/SSCE or C4 and above in NECO.
- Applicants must not be above 30 years of age.
THE OVERSEES SCHOLARSHIP SCHEME (OSS)
Applicants for OSS must be in possession of the following:
- Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) (USA).
- G.R.E (Graduate Record Examination) (USA).
- GMAT – for Management related courses (USA).
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS) (UK).
- Applicants must be in the academics in Nigerian Institutions, teaching an oil and gas related discipline.
- Applicants must possess minimum of 2.2 in their first degree and a good second degree certificate.
- Applicants must submit a research proposal relevant to the oil and gas industry (of not more than 5 pages) to include: Topic, Introduction, Objective, Methodology and Mode of Data Collection.
- Applicants must include a valid admission letter.
- Applicants must not be over 40 years of age.
- Applicants must include their masters degree project.
DOCUMENTS TO SCAN AND ATTACH TO THE APPLICATION FORM
Applicants are advised to scan copies of the following documents and attach to their online application forms:
- First Degree Certificate or Statement of Result.
- NYSC discharge certificate.
- WAEC/GCE/SSCE/NECO Results or provide PIN numbers on the application forms to enable PTDF view the results on the relevant website.
- Recent Passport Photograph.
- Local Government Identification Letter.
- Master’s Degree Certificate (PhD Applicants only).
- Admission Letter (PhD Applicants).
- Birth Certificate.
LIST OF APPROVED COURSES FOR SPONSORSHIP
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK, Germany, Norway Australia and the United States that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship. The Local scholarship scheme applicants can apply to all Federal Universities and Centre of Exellence in Courses core to Oil and Gas Industry
Scholarships will be offered for admission into the under listed courses (for overseas MSc). Candidates are advised, to apply for admission into Universities in the UK, Germany, Norway Australia and the United States that offer these courses, while applying for the Petroleum Technology Development Fund Scholarship. The Local scholarship scheme applicants can apply to all Federal Universities and Centre of Exellence in Courses core to Oil & Gas Industry
- Assets Management (Engineering Asset Management)
- Basin Evolution and Dynamics
- Control System And Applied Instrumentation
- Design of Rotating Machines
- Diving and Under Water Technology
- Energy Systems Engineering
- Environmental Engineering
- Environmental Remote Sensing
- Fire and Explosion Engineering
- Flow Assurance
- Fluid Mechanics and Energetic (France)
- Health Safety and Environmental
- Hydraulic Engineering (France)
- International Shipping
- Marine computational Fluid Dynamics
- Maritime Operation
- Offshore and Ocean Technology
- Offshore Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering (UK, UNSW, Australia)
- Pipeline Engineering
- Purchasing and Supply Chain Management
- Refinery Design and Operations
- Renewable Energy Engineering (UNSW – Australia)
- Subsea Engineering
- Thermal Power (Gas Turbine Option)
- Geothermal Engineering (Germany)
- Mechatronics and Mechanical Systems Engineering (USP – Brasil, Germany)
- Naval and Ocean Engineering (USP, Brazil)
- Mining and Petroleum Engineering (USP, Brasil)
- Production Engineering (USP, Brasil)
- Systems Engineering and Engineering (Germany)
- Geology and Petroleum Geology (Germany)
- Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology (Germany)
2. PhD – Priority Research Areas
The PhD research areas in addition to the afore-listed MSc program areas may also include any of the following related areas:
- Environmental Studies and HSE (Health, Safety and Environment).
- Marginal Fields Development.
- Flow Assurance and Pipeline Engineering.
- Geology and Petroleum Geology.
- Civil and Marine Engineering.
- Renewable Energy.
- Reservoir Engineering/Production Technology.
- Refining Technology.
- Ship Building and Marine Technology
RECIPIENTS OF A SIMILAR SCHOLARSHIP NEED NOT APPLY.
APPLICANTS WHO ALREADY POSSESS A MASTER’S DEGREE SHOULD NOT APPLY FOR MSC PROGRAMME, BUT ARE QUALIFIED TO APPLY FOR THE PHD.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 31st OCTOBER 2015.
Deadline for Application:
The deadline for application is 9th of November, 2015. The earlier you apply, the better.