Peking University Yenching Academy Masters Fellowship: Applications are currently ongoing for the Yenching Academy Masters Fellowships (Fully-funded) for International Students China. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Peking University Yenching Academy Masters Fellowship Details and FAQs
- Peking University Yenching Academy Masters Fellowship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- To be Taken at (country)
- Field of Study
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- What is the duration of the program?
- How to Apply for the Programme
The Yenching Academy is a fully-funded residential program offering a wide array of interdisciplinary courses on China within the Humanities and Social Sciences. Working closely with their academic mentors, Yenching Scholars have the flexibility to create their own study paths by choosing from six research areas and a variety of extracurricular activities. Studying at the Academy represents a unique opportunity not only for intercultural and academic exchange, but also for personal and professional development.
Functioning as an independent college at Peking University, Beijing, the Yenching Academy offers students fellowships in Master of Arts in China Studies with a curriculum that covers six broad categories: Literature and Culture; History and Archaeology; Philosophy and Religion; Politics and International Relations; Economics and Management; and Law and Society. Academy courses will be available in both English and Chinese.
When is the application deadline?
7th December 2018 (12:00 noon Beijing time)
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
To be Taken at (country)
Field of Study
Scholars participate infield studies to culturally, economically, or socio-politically significant regions within Mainland China. Each Scholar chooses one of six research areas corresponding to thesis topic. (The research area does not affect course selection options or requirements.)
• Economics & Management
• History & Archaeology
• Law & Society
• Literature & Culture
• Philosophy & Religion
• Politics & International Relations
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Applicants should have:
· Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in any field, awarded no later than August 31 of the year in which they wish to enroll;
· An outstanding academic record;
· Strong interest in interdisciplinary study of China;
· A record of extracurricular achievement, community engagement and social responsibility;
· Leadership potential;
· English proficiency.
Successful applicants will show how the Yenching Academy program is relevant and valuable for their career plans.
Preference is given to candidates age 25 or younger as of August 31 2019. For students from countries with mandatory military service, the age preference is 27 years old or younger.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the award?
Yenching Academy provides a generous postgraduate fellowship covering tuition fees, a travel stipend for one round-trip journey between each Scholar’s base city and Beijing, accommodations, and a monthly living stipend.
What is the duration of the program?
- Fellowships for international scholars are for 12 months, with the option to extend for a second year in Beijing.
- During the second year in Beijing, students may apply for a limited number or Teaching, Research, or Administrative Assistantships.
- In addition, scholars may apply for grants to help fund research projects related to China Studies.
- All students complete coursework during their first year. The second year is for completing thesis writing and defense (international students who choose to leave Beijing after the first year may complete thesis defense remotely). Degrees are granted upon the completion of all coursework and satisfactory defense of the thesis, and are awarded in January and July of each year.
- The Academy also offers a limited number of doctoral scholarships to selected Yenching Scholars who would like to pursue doctoral degrees in other Peking University departments.