Applications are currently ongoing for the Oxford University Pershing Square Scholarships for Masters and MBA Students/2021. Interested students should see the details below.
Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- What is the duration of the scholarship?
- How to Apply for the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship
Pershing Square Scholars are exceptional individuals who can demonstrate the potential and commitment to finding scalable and sustainable solutions to world-scale social challenges. The scholarship is if you would like to pursue any of the partnering Master’s degrees and combine it with our MBA. It is also available if you are currently studying one of the Master’s partnering programmes and wish to apply to the MBA program.
Offered Since: 2014
The University of Oxford in collaboration with Pershing Square Foundation is offering international scholarships to support outstanding students on the 1+1 MBA, covering both the Master’s degree and the MBA year.
When is the application deadline?
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Pershing Square Scholarships are awarded to individuals with the following attributes:
- Academic achievement
- Leadership potential, demonstrated through experience and motivation
- Strong personal character, integrity and commitment
- Intention to focus on addressing world-scale social challenges in your career, either in an existing organisation or through development of a new enterprise
- Ability to envision how to achieve scalable and sustainable solutions to these challenges
- Articulated vision on how the Oxford 1+1 MBA will allow you to fulfil your objectives
These attributes should be highlighted in your MBA application, scholarship essay and interview answers.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- The Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship provides funding for tuition, college fees and a contribution towards living expenses for both years of studies.
- You would also benefit from opportunities for mentorship and networking with inspirational individuals and organisations that are part of the Pershing Square Foundation’s community.
- You become integrated into Saïd Business School’s community as soon as you begin your Master’s degree by attending receptions and meetings with our Dean, faculty and other MBA scholars.
- You can access and utilise both your department and Oxford Saïd’s resources and networks throughout both years.
- You will also be invited to a spring ‘trek’ to New York City hosted by the Pershing Square Foundation, where you can participate in meetings and workshops with leading innovators and change makers.
What is the duration of the scholarship?
How to Apply for the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarship
To be considered for the scholarship you must apply to the 1+1 MBA by January 2019.
In addition to the Master and MBA applications, you must submit an essay of no more than 500 words addressing this question ‘How do you intend to change the world? What does this tell us about you as a person?’
Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview with the selection panel.
Enquiries about the scholarship should be directed to email@example.com