Oregon State University ICSP Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Oregon State University International Cultural Service Program (ICSP) Scholarships. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Oregon State University ICSP Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Oregon State University ICSP Scholarship Details and FAQs
- About Oregon State University
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the selection criteria?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- How to Apply for the Oregon State University ICSP Scholarship
The International Cultural Service Program (ICSP) which began at OSU in 1983, has attracted many outstanding students from countries around the globe. International students who demonstrate financial need and exceptional merit may apply for the International Cultural Service Program (ICSP). Selected ICSP students receive a tuition-waiver scholarship ranging from $7,500 – $30,000. ICSP students agree to complete 80 hours per year of cultural service as required by the program. Cultural service can include speaking or giving demonstrations to schools or community groups about the heritage and culture of your country or participating in international events on campus.
Oregon State University is offering scholarships to international students in exchange for cultural service to OSU, academic colleges, and the surrounding communities. The goal of the ICSP program is to increase cultural awareness and understanding throughout the local region and the state of Oregon.
About Oregon State University
Oregon State University (OSU) is a coeducational, public research university in the northwest United States, located in Corvallis, Oregon. The university offers more than 200 undergraduate degree programs along with a variety of graduate and doctoral degrees. It is also the largest university in the state, with a total enrollment exceeding 28,000. More than 230,000 people have graduated from OSU since its founding.
The Carnegie Foundation designates Oregon State University as a “Community Engagement” university and classifies it as a doctoral university with a status of “Highest research activity”. This same designation is shared by 114 other top U.S. academic institutions.
When is the application deadline?
1st February, 2019
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Applicants must be admissible or fully admitted to the University of Oregon. New students must apply for admission to the UO for 2019-20 by January 15, 2019. To apply for admission click here.
- Applicants cannot be U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, or eligible to receive U.S. federal financial assistance.
- Applicants must demonstrate financial need and meet the minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA requirement.
What are the selection criteria?
- Demonstrated financial need
- Experience participating in cultural activities
- Demonstrated performance and presentation skills
- Strong academic records
- Strong communication skills
What are the benefits of the award?
$7,500 – $30,000
How many scholarship awards are available?
How to Apply for the Oregon State University ICSP Scholarship
Incoming freshmen and new transfer, new graduate and new post baccalaureate applicants
- YOUR FIRST STEP: You must apply for Admission to the University of Oregon before you can apply for scholarships.
- Watch your email for an invitation to enter the UO Scholarship Dashboard. This happens within a week of submitting your application for admissions.
- Log in to the UO Scholarship Dashboard and submit the General Application, ISSS Endowed Scholarships Application and the ICSP Scholarship Application. You must apply for admission prior to this step
- All applications and Reference Letters must be submitted by February 1, 2019 by 4pm Pacific Standard Time.
It is important to go through the Application Requirements before applying.