Onsi Sawiris Undergraduate Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Onsi Sawiris Undergraduate Scholarship Program 2020 for Egyptians to Study in USA. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Onsi Sawiris Undergraduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Onsi Sawiris Undergraduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the selection criteria?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How to Apply for the Onsi Sawiris Undergraduate Scholarship
Through the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship program, OC provides full tuition scholarships for Egyptian undergraduate students seeking to pursue their Bachelor’s degree in fields that will enhance the economic prosperity of Egypt at prestigious universities in the United States.
When is the application deadline?
31st July, 2019
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
Engineering, Economics, Political Science, Finance and Management.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- GPA 3.5 / 90% in Thanaweyya Amma certification (Secondary year) or equivalent certificates
- iBT TOEFL: 100 or above [or equivalent]
- Minimum SAT I Score: Overall: 1450, Evidence-Based Reading and Writing: 730, Math: 730
- SAT II in 3 subjects: 600 or above
- Extracurricular Activities
- Meet the above criteria
- Be planning to start their studies in the U.S.A in the year 2020
- Be Egyptian nationals, who are residents of Egypt (preference will not be given to dual nationality applicants)
- Have not lived more than 3 years abroad
- Be committed to coming back to Egypt for two years directly after the successful completion of their bachelor’s degree
What are the selection criteria?
The Onsi Sawiris Scholarships will be awarded based on character and merit as demonstrated through academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and entrepreneurial initiative.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The scholarships include full tuition, a living allowance, travel and health insurance. Scholarship recipients will also be given the option of an internship position within the company.
How to Apply for the Onsi Sawiris Undergraduate Scholarship
It is important to go through the application instructions on the Scholarship Webpage before applying. Please note that:
- Preference will be given to candidates who have not lived, worked, or studied abroad for a significant period of time.
- The Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program is only granted to the list of endorsed universities provided in the “Approved Universities” section of the application.
- Selection as a nominee for the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program does not guarantee university acceptance. Applicants will be supported in applying for these universities. If nominated for the scholarship; the Onsi Sawiris Scholarship Program award will be made once university acceptance is obtained.