NWAG Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the NWAG Scholarships for Young Women Undergraduates in Nigeria. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
NWAG Scholarship Details and FAQs
Each year the Nigerian Women Association of Georgia (NWAG) offers undergraduate scholarships for Nigerian female students in Nigerian universities on any course of study. In 2020, NWAG plans to award 37 one-time scholarships, one per state of origin as well as one for the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), in the amount of one hundred thousand Naira (N100,000) each, to Nigerian female, undergraduate students in Nigerian universities.
When is the application deadline?
30th May 2020
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Field of Study:
Number of Scholarships:
One Hundred thousand naira (N100,000)
What is the category of this opportunity?
The NWAG scholarship is a onetime award.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
An applicant must be a Nigerian female, undergraduate student in a Nigerian University.
How to Apply for the Programme:
Interested prospective applicants are advised to download an application form here.
Applicants are required to submit the following documents together with their completed application form on or before May 30, 2020
- Proof of State of Origin- Letter of Origination from the university or a letter from your local government office.
- Two letters of recommendation from any two of the following: Church Pastor/Mosque Imam, Village Head, Local Government Chairperson or One of your Lecturers.
- 1 Letter of recommendation from either the Dean of your Faculty/School or your Head of Department.
- Photocopy of your current university student identification card
- A current photograph of yourself
- An explanation of why you need and should receive the scholarship (not more than one-half typed page).
A type-written, double-spaced, two-page essay on:
“Human Trafficking is on the rise. Explain the rapid spread and its effect on the human race”. How can it be stopped?
Application Form and process is free! Do not send money to anyone nor include money in your application.