Total Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the NNPC / Total Scholarship Scheme (National Merit) For Nigerian Undergraduate Students. Interested students should see the eligibility criteria as well as how to apply below.
Each year, Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and Total Upstream Companies in Nigeria (TUCN): Total Exploration & Production Nigeria Limited (Total E&P Nig Ltd) and Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI), award scholarships to deserving Nigerian students in the tertiary institutions in the country.
The Total Scholarship scheme is aimed at promoting academic excellence and quality manpower development in the Country. This is one of the the many ways Total demonstrates its commitment to the educational development of Nigerian students. This is part of Total’s rich Corporate Social Responsibility. This scholarship scheme has been successfully carried out over the years.
Total Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Total Scholarship Details and FAQs
- How to Apply for the Total Scholarship
- 1. Personal Information:
- 2. Contact Information:
- 3. Origin:
- 4. University Information:
- 5. Result Information:
- 6. Review Application:
- 7. Conclusion:
- IMPORTANT NOTES:
- What documents do I need to submit with my application?
- Application Deadline for the NNPC / Total Scholarship
- NNPC / Total Scholarship Application (Challenges and Recommended Solutions)
Over the years, NNPC and Total Upstream Companies in Nigeria have demonstrated a high level of commitment towards the educational development of Nigeria students as part of its Corporate Social Responsibility.
This commitment has been confirmed in several ways, one of which is the annual award of scholarships to deserving Nigerian students in tertiary institutions. The programme is aimed at promoting academic excellence and qualitative manpower development in the nation.
Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), and Total Upstream Companies in Nigeria (TUCN): Total Exploration & Production Nigeria Limited (Total E&P Nig Ltd) and Total Upstream Nigeria Limited (TUPNI) are offering the 2018 NNPC/TOTAL National Merit Scholarship programme to Nigerian Undergraduates.
The Total Scholarship scheme is aimed at promoting academic excellence and quality manpower development in the Country.
When is the application deadline?
31st October 2018
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
Nigerian Tertiary Institutions
Eligible Fields of Study:
What are the eligibility criteria for the Total scholarship?
NOTE: All undergraduates in 100 and 200 levels are qualified irrespective of the course they are studying.
To qualify for consideration, the applicant MUST:
- Be a Registered FULL TIME undergraduate in a recognized Nigerian University
- Be a certified 100 or 200 level student at the time of application
- Show proof of SSCE or Equivalent Certificate.
- Show proof of the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) score.
- Show proof of Admission letter from the University and Matriculation Number
- Show proof of A-level or Equivalent Certificate (for direct entry students)
- Students with less than 200 score in UTME need not apply
- Students with less than 2.50 CGPA of 5-point scale, or equivalent
- 300 level students and above need not apply
- Current beneficiaries of similar awards from other International Oil Companies (IOCs) need not apply
How to Apply for the Total Scholarship
1. Personal Information:
Enter your name, date of birth and permanent home address Upload your recent passport photograph.
2. Contact Information:
Enter your email and mobile phone information. Only use an active email and mobile phone number.
Enter your state and local government of origin data. You are required to upload a certificate or proof of origin from your local government or state.
4. University Information:
Select your university, course and year of study. You will be required to upload your JAMB/University admission letter.
5. Result Information:
Input your JAMB score or CPGA. You are required to upload your JAMB statement of result and university CPGA. For year two medical students, your JAMB score suffices.
6. Review Application:
Review your application ensure all fields have been correctly entered. Upload all the documents required:
- Recent Passport Photograph
- Certificate or Proof of Origin
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Education (SSCE)
- UTME result
- JAMB/University Admission Letter
- First Year Result showing CGPA
Attest that all info given is true. Accept terms and condition. On screen alert will confirm that you have successfully completed the application. You will receive an email to confirm this too.
- This scholarship scheme application is best used on the following web browsers: IE9+, Chrome, Firefox and Safari.
- Ensure that you have entered all details correctly. You understand that making a false statement on this application will disqualify you from this scholarship scheme. Your scholarship if you are successful, will be withdrawn, if at any time it is discovered that you have given false statements on this application. And such false statements may constitute fraudulent activity.
Click here and follow the application flow. You will need an active email address as well as a mobile phone to register and account and complete your application.
What documents do I need to submit with my application?
- Recent passport photo
- Certificate or proof of origin
- Senior Secondary Certificate of Education SSCE
- UTME result
- JAMB/University Admission Letter
- First Year result showing CGPA.
NOTE: Each document size should not be more than 200KB and the image format for your pass-port must be in JPEG, other files must be in PDF.
Application Deadline for the NNPC / Total Scholarship
Applications will close on October 31, 2018. Application Forms must be completed online. Candidates will fully bear the cost transportation to test venue as no reimbursement shall be made. Candidates are therefore advised to choose text center closest to them.
Candidates are therefore advised to choose a test center closest to them.
NNPC / Total Scholarship Application (Challenges and Recommended Solutions)
P = Problems, RS = Recommended Solutions
P: Trouble Logging In?
RS: Have you tried the following?
- Clear your browser cache/cookies
- Try resetting your password using the Forgot Password link on the scholarship application login page.
- Ultimately, try using another e-mail address
I don’t know how to clear my browser cache/cookies! Don’t worry, we have the right article to help you with that.
See any of the links below to learn how to clear your browser cache/cookies:
If you have any further concerns or queries, use the live chat widget below on the application page to get in touch with support.
P: I have cleared my cache/cookies but I still can’t login
RS: Once you register on the application portal, an email will be sent to you telling you that your password has been changed.
- Ignore the message and head back to the application portal. Login with the details you just registered with, you may be told that “Cookies are blocked due to unexpected output”. Do not panic.
- If you did not clear your cookies/cache as recommended above, kindly do that now!
- Done with clearing cache/cookies? Try to login again, if the same message as 1 above is displayed, ignore a try again and again. You will be login successfully.
For more information, visit the link below.