NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship has been announced: Applications are currently ongoing for the NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship for Undergraduate Nigerian Students. Interested students should see the details below.
LATEST UPDATE: The application deadline has been extended to September 25, 2020. See full details on how to apply below.
NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Details and FAQs
- NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Application Deadline:
- Which students are eligible for the scholarship?
- Tenable at:
- What are the accepted courses?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What is the scholarship worth?
- How long will the scholarship last?
- How to Apply for the NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship
The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) pioneered Nigeria’s deep-water oil and gas production at the Bonga field, a project that increased Nigeria’s oil capacity by 10% when output began in 2005.At full output, Bonga has the potential to add more than 200,000 barrels of crude oil and 150 million standard cubic feet of gas to Nigeria’s daily production.
SNEPCo on behalf of itself and its co-venturers is launching the SNEPCo National Merit University Scholarship Scheme. The programme aims to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
The Shell Nigeria Exploration Production Company (SNEPCo) National Merit University Scholarship Scheme is now open for application for undergraduate students in Nigerian Universities.
September 25th, 2020.
Which students are eligible for the scholarship?
Undergraduates in universities in Nigeria
What are the accepted courses?
The merit-based scholarship is open to FULL-TIME undergraduates studying any of the under-listed courses in Universities within Nigeria.
- Agricultural Science
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Geosciences / Geology
- Instrumentation Engineering
- Marine Engineering
- Materials / Corrosion Engineering
- Mathematics / Applied Mathematics
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Petroleum Engineering
- Physics / Applied Physics
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Be a citizen of Nigeria
- Currently be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian Federal or State University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
- Have a minimum CGPA of 3.5 in a 5-grade system
- Not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or International)
*Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
How many scholarship awards are available?
What is the scholarship worth?
Grant for the remainder of student’s Program
How long will the scholarship last?
Scholarships are renewable through graduation. Recipients are expected to maintain high academic / ethical standards, and other conditions outlined in the scholarship award letter.
How to Apply for the NNPC/SNEPCo National University Scholarship
1. Every applicant should have a valid personal email account and phone number.
2. Applications by eligible candidates should be submitted online at https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
3. Candidates should include personal and educational details in the application.
4. Applicants should upload scanned copies of the following as part of the application:
- Recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant in JPEG format, not more than 200kilobytes;
- University or JAMB Admission Letter;
- Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Result;
- O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable;
- Letter of Identification from State of Origin indicating applicant’s local government of origin;
- Academic results for 100 level for 2018/2019 Academic Session
To apply, follow the steps below:
1. Click on the “Apply Now” tab.
2. Click on “Register Now” to create an account.
3. Proceed to your email box to activate your account
4. Click on https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo to return to Scholarship site
5. Enter your registered email and password to upload your information.
6. Enter your personal information, National Identification Number (if available), educational information, other information, and upload required scanned documents.
7. Ensure the name used in applications matches the names on all documentation in the same order. Upload a sworn affidavit or certificate if otherwise.
8. Ensure you view all documents after uploading, to ensure that they are clear and accurate.
9. When asked to upload photo, upload a passport photograph with a white background.
10. Recheck application information to avoid errors
11. Click “Apply Now” to submit information
12. You will receive an email and a SMS that confirms your application was successful.
13. Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/, enter your Email and Password to download your profile, and proceed to have your Head of Department sign the document.
14. Upload a scanned copy of the signed profile, this would be used for verification.
15. If National Identification Number (NIN) number was not available in step 6, to obtain your National Identification Number (NIN)
- Visit http://ninenrol.gov.ng to register and learn more about the National Identity Number
- Click “Create Account” and fill in the required fields
- Login with Email and Password to complete the form
- After completion, schedule a date for photo and fingerprint capture
- Visit any of the 37 capture centres www.nimc.gov.ng/pages/general/enrolmentcentres.htm to complete the registration process and obtain your National Identity Number
- You can also do your total registration at the NIMC office
16. Return to https://candidate.scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo and update the application with National Identification Number (NIN) to ensure completion
For more information visit, https://scholastica.ng/schemes/SNEPCo
Note: Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board