Applications NNPC/MPN Undergraduate National Scholarship are usually open around November yearly and all undergraduate students currently in the 100 or 200 level can apply for this scholarship.
About the NNPC / Mobil Undergraduate Scholarship
As part of support to educational development and human capacity building, Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN), operator of Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/MPN Joint Venture awards annual scholarships to qualified undergraduate students in Nigerian Universities.
Mobil Producing Nigeria (MPN), operator of its joint venture (JV) with the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC), awards 500 undergraduate scholarships annually to students in Nigerian universities. The scholarship awards are for one academic year initially, and are renewable to cover the duration of approved study, based on the recipients’ academic performance and related reports from the institutions.
Mobil Producing Nigeria is offering scholarships for undergraduate Nigerian students in their first year (100 level) or second year (200 level) to study at Nigerian Universities 2019.
Awards will be made to qualified and suitable students who are currently admitted in Nigerian Universities irrespective of state of origin including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
Undergraduate Scholarship Awards
This program is funded by Mobil Producing Nigeria, operator of the Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC)/MPN Joint Venture. Since 1998, a total of 500 undergraduate scholarships are awarded annually.
This is a significant increase on the 13 awards offered at inception of the scheme in 1974.
The awards are made to suitably qualified students from every state of the federation, including the Federal Capital Territory (FCT).
However, about 62 per cent of the total NNPC/MPN Undergraduate scholarship awards are allocated to students who are indigenes of the operational communities/ States – Akwa Ibom (50%) and Rivers States (12%).
There is also a merit award (10%) to the best 50 candidates in the selection tests.
The remaining places go to students from other states including the Federal Capital territory (FCT), based on merit and fair geographical spread.
The current scholarship awards are for disciplines in Engineering (Petroleum, Chemical Mechanical, Electrical/Electronics and Civil,) Geology/Geophysics, Medicine, Agricultural Science (and related fields) as well as Computer Science.
Other schemes sponsored by this partnership include the NNPC/ESSO National and International Postgraduate Scholarship Awards.
These scholarship programs are amongst several initiatives by the ExxonMobil upstream subsidiary companies EEPNL and MPN), along with the respective partners and co-venturer, to help build capacities of young and brilliant Nigerians and further boost pool of qualified manpower for career opportunities in Nigeria and abroad.
Requirements and Eligibility Criteria
E-applications are invited from full-time undergraduates in their FIRST YEAR (100 LEVEL) or SECOND YEAR (200 LEVEL) of study in any of the under-listed courses in Nigerian Universities:
- Petroleum Engineering
- Chemical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronics Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Medicine (MBBS Only)
- Agricultural Science (And related fields)
- Computer Science
- Candidates must be holders of the SSCE or its equivalent with a minimum of 5 distinctions passed at a sitting.
- Applicants must be registered full-time undergraduates in their 1st or 2nd year of study in any accredited Nigerian University
- Applicants must be verified students of the above listed disciplines
- Students who are currently on similar scholarship awards from other oil and gas companies should not apply.
In line with the e-scholarship administration system, selected students will be invited for computer-administered qualifying tests in selected examination centers nationwide.
Short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be invited by email and SMS text messages.
All applicants are therefore advised to ensure that GSM telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into the e-forms on the web site.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
14th August 2019.
How to Apply for the Mobil Scholarship
: Interested and qualified candidates are to visit this link to apply: https://scholarship.nnpcmpn.com.ng/register.php
You will be required to upload the following documents:
Recent Passport photograph (red background)
Evidence of JAMB result/Admission letter to a Nigerian university
Evidence of SSCE result
Evidence of State of Origin obtained from the appropriate Local Government Area and duly signed by the chairman or secretary.
- Multiple applications attract a disqualification penalty from the Scholarship board.
- We will accept applications through this web site address only. Hard copies of any document submitted will not be processed. All interested students are advised to register and click on “Send” to continue with their registration.
- In line with our e-scholarship administration system, selected students will be invited for computer-administered qualifying tests in selected examination centers nationwide.
- Short-listed candidates for the qualifying test will be invited by email and SMS text messages.
- All applicants are therefore advised to ensure that GSM telephone numbers and personal email addresses are properly entered into the e-forms on the web site.