Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship (ORS) for International PhD Students UK. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Newcastle University Overseas Research Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- What are the selection and eligibility criteria?
- Number of Scholarships:
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How long will the scholarship last?
- How to Apply for the Programme:
Newcastle University in the UK is offering the Overseas Research Scholarship (NUORS) for International PhD Students 2019/2020. Newcastle University is committed to offering support to the very best international students hoping to pursue a programme of research. We are pleased to offer a small number of University funded NUORS awards for outstanding international students who apply to commence PhD studies in any subject.
When is the application deadline?
26th April 2019
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
Newcastle University UK
What is the category of this opportunity?
What are the selection and eligibility criteria?
A candidate could be eligible to apply for a NUORS award if:
- they have been offered a place on a PhD research programme
- they have been assessed as international/overseas for fees purposes, and are wholly or partially self-financing
- they intend to register to start your studies during the 2019/20 academic year.
Applications for a NUORS award cannot be made for a course that has already been started by a student.
Number of Scholarships:
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
This award covers the difference between home and overseas fee rates (value approximately £11,490 to £17,700 per annum)
How long will the scholarship last?
For the period of the programme
How to Apply for the Programme:
- You must have already applied for and been offered a place to study at Newcastle University before you apply for a NUORS award.
- Please complete the online NUORS application form and in accordance with the NUORS regulations. You will also be required to provide details of an academic referee; the University will then contact your referee directly.
- Further details can be found in the NUORS Regulations 19-20. Please read these thoroughly before applying.
- If you experience problems with the application form, please contact Student Financial Support who can e-mail a copy of the form and the regulations to you.