National University of Singapore PhD Scholarship: Applications are currently ongoing for the National University of Singapore PHD Scholarship for International Students. Interested students should see the details below.
National University of Singapore PHD Scholarship Details and FAQs
- National University of Singapore PHD Scholarship Details and FAQs
- How to Apply for the National University of Singapore PhD Scholarship
- About National University of Singapore (NUS)
Are you an International student? Do you have interest in pursing a degree program at the National University Of Singapore (NGS)? If yes, then you might be interested in this opportunity.
This is to announce that applications are now accepted for the NGS Scholarship program. This scholarship program is created to attract and train talented science and engineering international students who have the potential to create and lead technology companies through scholarship programs.
The National University of Singapore – aims to attract and train talented science and engineering international students who have the potential to create and lead technology companies through scholarship programs. Students develop their research skills by doing a PhD in a scientific or engineering discipline, choosing among a wide range of departments and advisers.
The NGS Scholarship is awarded to talented students with an aptitude for innovative, high calibre PhD research.
When is the application deadline?
15th December 2018
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Women and men of all nationalities, with an undergraduate or Masters degree in any scientific, engineering, maths or IT discipline, previously awarded or expected, are eligible to apply. Other criteria for eligibility are:
- Graduates with a passion for cross-disciplinary research in science, engineering, computing, and related aspects of medicine.
- Graduates with at least 2nd Upper Honours, or equivalent qualifications.
- GRE is compulsory for all except for applicants from NUS or NTU. Note that GATE is NOT acceptable.
- TOEFL is compulsory (ONLY applicable for applicants whose native tongue or medium of undergraduate instruction is not in English).
- Monthly stipend, up to 4 years of the PhD studies, OR up to date of graduation, whichever is earlier, of
- S$3,500 for Singapore Citizens, plus Central Provident Fund (CPF) contributions at a rate pegged to the prevailing employer’s contribution rate set by CPF
- S$3,200 for Singapore Permanent Residents
- S$3,000 for International students
- Full tuition fee subsidy for 4 years.
- Other allowances include
- computer allowance
- book allowance
- conference allowance.
- Student must commit to PhD from the outset, cannot exit with MSc.
What are the selection criteria?
- Students are not eligible for the President’s Graduate Fellowship (PGF).
- Award is renewable, subject to satisfactory academic performance of CAP ≥ 3.8 at the end of every semester.
- Applicants doing a Masters programme at the point of application
- must have officially completed the Masters programme, and
- must have been conferred the Masters degree before matriculating in NGS for PhD at NGS.
- Applicants who have submitted their Masters thesis only, but who
- have not officially graduated from the Masters programme, and
- have not been conferred the Masters degree must therefore defer their admission (from matriculation to registration) into NGS, until the Masters degree has been officially awarded.
- required to serve any bond after graduation from existing (be it Bachelor / Master’s) programme, and who intend to commence their NGS’ PhD immediately after official graduation and/or
- serving any bond at the point of application to NGS’ PhD should declare such information in the Questionnaire section of the application form.
How to Apply for the National University of Singapore PhD Scholarship
Please note that for further queries about the NGS Scholarship, please contact Ms Anu at +65-6516 1480. Her email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. ONLY Online Applications are accepted. For instructions and application procedures, visit this webpage.
- Only online applications via https://inetapps.nus.edu.sg/GDA2/Home.aspx are accepted.
- You must also complete a critical Google Questionnaire.
- Your application is only considered COMPLETE after you
– submit your PDF dossier
– submit your hardcopy package
– complete and submit your Google Questionnaire BEFORE the application deadline
About National University of Singapore (NUS)
The National University of Singapore (NUS) is an autonomous university in Singapore. Founded in 1905, it is the oldest institute of higher learning (IHL) in Singapore, as well as the largest university in the country in terms of student enrolment and curriculum offered.
NUS is a comprehensive research university with an entrepreneurial dimension. NUS offers a wide range of disciplines, including the sciences, medicine and dentistry, design and environment, law, arts and social sciences, engineering, and music in both undergraduate and postgraduate education. It counts amongst its alumni four Prime Ministers or Presidents of Singapore and two Prime Ministers of Malaysia.
NUS is ranked among the top universities in Asia by both the QS World University Rankings and the Times Higher Education World University Rankings. According to the latest 2018 QS World University Rankings, NUS is placed 15th in the world and 2nd in Asia.
NUS’s main campus is located in southwestern part of Singapore adjacent to Kent Ridge, accommodating an area of 150 ha (0.58 sq mi). It’s Bukit Timah campus houses the Faculty of Law, Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy and some research institutes. The Duke-NUS Medical School, which is a postgraduate medical school is located at the Outram campus.