Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships (fully-funded) for International Students. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Accepted Subject Areas
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- Who is qualified to apply?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- What is the duration of the program?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- How to Apply for the Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships
- About Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
The Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarship (NPGS) is a competitive and prestigious scholarship scheme designed to encourage outstanding graduates or final-year students to take their first step towards a leading research career by studying for a doctoral degree programme (PhD) at the Nanyang Technological University (NTU), one of Asia’s leading research universities. Funding will be provided for up to 4 years for NPGS awardees. Up to 30 NPGS awards will be made available in each Academic Year. Successful candidates will be known as Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholars. Nanyang Technological University funds the Nanyang President’s Graduate PhD Scholarship for International students at Singapore
When is the application deadline?
30th November 2018
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Accepted Subject Areas
Courses offered at the university
What is the category of this opportunity?
Who is qualified to apply?
- There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but all things being equal, preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents
- You must have a First Class Honours degree or equivalent at Bachelor’s level. If you have not yet completed your undergraduate degree programme, you will need to furnish documentation from your university that you are on track to get a First Class Honours degree or equivalent.
How many scholarship awards are available?
Up to 30 NPGS awards to be offered
What are the benefits of the award?
The NPGS award terms are:
- Full tuition fees
- Monthly stipend of $3,000
- Conference allowance up to S$4,000 per financial year (April previous year to March current year).
- One-time IT allowance of $1500
- Annual grant of $500 for journal subscription or book purchase
- Thesis preparation allowance
- Priority will be given for subsidised campus accommodation
What is the duration of the program?
Scholarship will last for 4 years
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
There is no restriction as to the nationality of candidates but, all things being equal preference will be given to Singapore Citizens and Singapore Permanent Residents.
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
How to Apply for the Nanyang President’s Graduate Scholarships
Please apply at this link
About Nanyang Technological University (NTU)
The Nanyang Technological University (NTU) is an autonomous university in Singapore. NTU is consistently ranked amongst the world’s best universities in all of the major college and university rankings and is regarded as one of the top universities in Asia. In the 2017/18 QS World University Rankings, NTU was ranked 11th in the world and 1st in Asia, surpassing rival university National University of Singapore for the very first time. In the 2016 Times Higher Education Asia University Rankings, NTU came in joint 2nd in Asia, with Peking University.
NTU is a comprehensive and research-intensive university, with over 33,000 undergraduate and postgraduate students. The University is organized into eight colleges and schools. They are the College of Engineering, College of Science, College of Humanities, Arts and Social Sciences, Nanyang Business School, and the Lee Kong Chian School of Medicine – set up jointly with Imperial College London.
NTU is also home to several autonomous institutions including the National Institute of Education, S. Rajaratnam School of International Studies, Interdisciplinary Graduate School, Earth Observatory of Singapore, Singapore Centre on Environmental Life Sciences Engineering, Institute on Asian Consumer Insight, and the College of Professional and Continuing Education. NTU’s strongest faculties are in engineering and business.
The NTU College of Engineering was ranked 2nd and 4th in the world by both the Academic Ranking of World Universities and QS World University Rankings respectively, and 1st in Singapore. NTU’s Nanyang Business School is Singapore’s top business school, having emerged 24th globally (1st in Singapore) in the Financial Times ranking and 1st in Singapore for 13 consecutive years in The Economist rankings.