Monash University South Africa Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Monash University South Africa Scholarships for Undergraduate Students. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Monash University South Africa Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Monash University South Africa Scholarship Details and FAQs
- How to Apply for the Monash University South Africa Scholarship
Monash South Africa (MSA) is committed to providing learning opportunities for the highest achieving students. To recognise our high-achieving students who are dedicated to excelling academically, by offering scholarships each year.
When is the application deadline?
15th November 2018
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Be enrolled or have received an offer to enrol as a full-time student at Monash South Africa in a Higher Certificate, the Foundation Programme or an undergraduate course of study leading to a higher education award.
- Not be a recipient of any other financial support award.
- Be studying Year 12 or equivalent (South Africa citizen) or be studying in the final year of secondary school or equivalent (international); or
- Be a current Monash South Africa student and have completed a minimum of one semester of study at Monash South Africa.
- Be able to demonstrate that the additional costs of textbooks, stationery, printing costs, living expenses and travelling costs can be covered at the student’s own cost.
What are the selection criteria?
- Based on academic achievement and offered to the highest achieving South African and International students
- Current Monash students with a minimum overall course
General Point Average (GPA) of 3.3 and above
- Commencing students with an Achievement Level of 40 and above.
Take note, although you might meet the eligibility criteria your application will be part of an in- depth selection process before final scholarship awards are issued. Many applications are received each semester. As a result applicants compete with peers for the limited available number of scholarships.
What are the benefits of the award?
A total of 25% – 100% of your annual fees are paid. The award does not cover textbooks, stationery, printing costs, living expenses or any traveling costs. Payments are in the form of an automated credit note to your tuition fee account after the release of your unit results. No cash is transferred to the students’ personal bank account.
How to Apply for the Monash University South Africa Scholarship
- Complete the Application for Monash South Africa Scholarship form (pdf, 73kb) – you can also obtain the form from the Student Services Centre
- Submit your application, along with any relevant documentation, by 15 November for Semester One and 30 April for Semester Two
If you withdraw from your course you may have to repay the financial awards.