Monash International Merit Scholarships
Monash University is ranked amongst the world’s most prestigious universities. Graduating with a degree from a university in the world’s top one per cent adds significant value to your resume. Their global reputation ensures you are recognised for your skills and talent – no matter where in the world you choose to pursue your dreams.
Course(s) Offered: All fields
Course Level: Undergraduate, Postgraduate
Provider: Monash University
Country to Study in: Australia
Monash University offers a number of scholarship programs including the Monash University International Merit Scholarships for outstanding international students who wish to pursue either an undergraduate or a postgraduate degree at Monash University.
- Based on academic achievement
- Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (1000 words), and their potential to be an ambassador for Monash University
- Preference will be given to commencing students, particularly commencing students who are not enrolled in a Monash pathway course
- You must maintain a distinction average (70% or above) each semester
International students from all countries. Countries with strategic priorities for Monash will be given preference.
To be eligible for this scholarship award, applicants must be:
* International student
* Commencing students with a full Monash course offer or continuing students, and
* Undertaking a full time undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) degree at a Monash campus in Australia.
* Based on academic achievement
* Students will also be assessed on their scholarship application statement (1000 words), and their potential to be an ambassador for Monash University
* Preference will be given to commencing students, particularly commencing students who are not enrolled in a Monash pathway course
Note: the following students are not eligible to apply for this scholarship:
- Students studying Australian Year 12 (these students may be eligible for the Monash International Scholarship for Excellence)
Citizens of ALL countries of the world
Monash University, Melbourne, Australia
Fields of study:
All eligible full-time undergraduate or postgraduate (coursework) programs offered at the University
Number of Awards Offered:
- 31 scholarships will be available in 2015. Applications from students from all countries are invited and countries with strategic priorities for Monash will be given preference.
For successful applicants, this award will be applied throughout their duration of study. To retain this scholarship, you must maintain a distinction average (70% or above) each semester.
Total average value of up to $50,000 (based on a 5 year degree).
- $10,000 for a full time study load (48 credit points) paid per year until the minimum number of points for your degree are completed
- Recipients may be asked to participate or be profiled in relevant Monash marketing, recruitment and promotional materials and/or events
Method of Application:
Before applying for this scholarship, youmust have received a full Monash course offer with no conditions. Then, you must submit a separate application form for this scholarship by the deadline dates below.
Do not submit your supporting documentation with your application – this will not be considered.
You need to visit the official website at http://www.monash.edu.au/study/scholarships/international/international-merit.html to access the scholarship application form and for more detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
There are 6 Selection rounds and closing dates -Round one: October 15(for Semester one or two of the following year),Round two: November 15 (for Semester one or two of the following year),Round three: January 15(for Semester one or two of the current year),Round four: March 15(for Semester two of the current year),Round five: April 15(for Semester two of the current year) AND Round six: June 12(for Semester two of the current year).
Therefore, the upcoming deadline dates for application are 15 March 2015, 15 April 2015, and 12 June 2015 for Semester two of the 2015/2016 academic year.
Successful recipients may be asked to participate or be profiled in relevant Monash marketing, recruitment and promotional materials and/or events.
Monash University is a university based in Melbourne, Australia. It was founded in 1958 and is the second oldest university in the State of Victoria.
Monash is a member of Australia’s Group of Eight and the Association of Southeast Asian Institutions of Higher Learning (ASAIHL), and is the only Australian member of the influential M8 Alliance of Academic Health Centers, Universities and National Academies.
The Group of Eight (Go8) is a coalition of leading Australian tertiary institutions, intensive in research and comprehensive in general and professional education. All eight universities’ primary campuses are based in the six largest Australian capital cities or the national capital in the case of ANU. They are Australian National University, Monash University, The University of Adelaide, The University of Melbourne,The University of New South Wales, The University of Queensland, The University of Sydney and The University of Western Australia.
Application Deadline: 15 March / 15 April / 12 June 2015
Open to International Applicants: Yes
Official Scholarship Website –
Courtesy – Nigerian Scholars Team
Like our new page, Nigerian Scholars on Facebook to keep getting our updates and you can also subscribe by submitting you email address via the subscribe widget at the sidebar to keep receiving our newsletters that will help you guarantee success in your academic career both in Nigeria and beyond.
It’s our pleasure to keep serving you better.