McGill University MasterCard Foundation Scholarship is currently ongoing. Applications are currently being accepted for the 2019/2020 MasterCard Foundation Scholarships at McGill University. Interested students should see the details below.
McGill University MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Details and FAQs
- McGill University MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which university is the scholarship tenable?
- What are the scholarship benefits?
- Eligible Fields of Study:
- What is the scholarship type?
- Number of Scholarships:
- What is the duration of the scholarship?
- McGill University MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
- How to Apply for the McGill University MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
- About McGill University
McGill University and the Mastercard Foundation are pleased to offer full scholarships to economically challenged, academically gifted Master’s students from Sub-Saharan Africa through the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program. This scholarship program is designed to sponsor outstanding, community engaged students to attend university who otherwise would not have the opportunity, thereby, fostering the development of future Sub-Saharan African leaders and entrepreneurs.
The McGill University, Canada is partnering with the MasterCard Foundation Scholars to offer scholarship opportunities to individuals who are willing to undergo a degree program at the Institution.
This scholarship program will provide academically talented, economically disadvantaged young people from Africa with access to quality university education.
When is the application deadline?
The deadline for submission of applications is 4th February, 2019.
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
Sub-Saharan African countries
In which university is the scholarship tenable?
McGill University Canada
What are the scholarship benefits?
In addition to financial support, scholars are provided with a comprehensive support network that includes an array of mentoring and support services to ensure each student’s academic success, community service engagement and transition to socially relevant employment opportunities, when they return to Africa at the conclusion of their studies.
Eligible Fields of Study:
- Farm Management,
- Physical and Occupational Therapy,
- Music, and
- Programs from the School of Continuing Studies.
What is the scholarship type?
Number of Scholarships:
Over the next ten years, McGill will welcome 67 MasterCard Foundation Scholars at the undergraduate level and another 24 at the Master’s level, for a total of 91.
What is the duration of the scholarship?
Four years duration of the undergraduate degree
McGill University MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Eligibility Criteria:
To be eligible for consideration for the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Master’s Program at McGill, you must:
- Be admissible to one of the eligible programs at McGill University (see Program List below);
- Have never completed any graduate studies;
- Be nominated by a professor of a recognized Mastercard Foundation Partner University, or;
- Be nominated by a current McGill Professor or Staff Member (Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – 2019 Nomination Form.pdf);
- Be a citizen of and have lived a significant part of your life in a Sub-Saharan African Country (see List of Eligible Countries below);
- Have an exceptional record of service and activity in your school and/or community;
- Have an intent to return to your country immediately upon the completion of your degree with the goal of transforming your community through social and economic development;
- Demonstrate that your financial status is in the lowest two quintiles of your country.
How to Apply for the McGill University MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
To apply, visit the scholarship official webpage (see link below). For further questions about the application and admission process please contact MCFemail@example.com.
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – Eligible Masters Programs 2019 (right click to download)
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program – List of Eligible Countries(right click to download)
- Application Period Begins : September 15, 2018
- Deadline to submit the Application for Admission in uApply and the Mastercard Scholars
- Program application documents in uApply: Your choice program’s deadline (no later than February 4th)
- Deadline to submit Supporting Documents (including transcripts, reference letters, resumes, etc.): February 4, 2019
- Mastercard Foundation Scholars Selection Committee begins to make scholarship offers: March 14, 2019
About McGill University
McGill University is a public research university in Montreal, Quebec, Canada. It was established in 1821 by royal charter, granted by King George IV of the United Kingdom. The University bears the name of James McGill, a Montreal merchant from Scotland whose bequest in 1813 formed the university’s precursor, McGill College.
McGill’s main campus is located at Mount Royal in downtown Montreal, with the second campus situated in Sainte-Anne-de-Bellevue, also on the Montreal Island, 30 kilometres (18 miles) west of the main campus. Its academic units are organized into 11 main Faculties and Schools. The University is one of two members of the Association of American Universities located outside the United States, and it is the only Canadian member of the Global University Leaders Forum (GULF), within the World Economic Forum, which is made up of 26 of the world’s top universities.
McGill offers degrees and diplomas in over 300 fields of study, with the highest average admission requirements of any Canadian university. Most students are enrolled in the five largest faculties, namely Arts, Science, Medicine, Engineering, and Management.