About the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
Applications are currently ongoing for the 2016 MasterCard Foundation Scholarship At Michigan State University and all interested students are invited to apply.
The MasterCard Foundation has partnered with Michigan State University to provide full tuition scholarships to undergraduate and masters students from Sub-Saharan Africa.
Students who have demonstrated academic talent, are economically disadvantaged and have a personal commitment to give back to their countries are invited to apply for these scholarships.
Through financial, academic, social and post-graduation support, The Scholars Program will ensure that young people are equipped with the skills and competencies needed to spur economic growth and social development in their respective countries of origin.
Undergraduate Eligibility Criteria:
The program is open to residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries. Students must be first-time applicants to MSU. Transfer students are not eligible for the program.
- Strong academic performance to date in secondary school suggesting continued academic success as an undergraduate student.
- An interest in and capacity for give-back, evidenced by commitment and engagement outside the classroom in the school and/or community.
- Manifest ethical behavior and strong character essential to joining The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Network.
- Ability to deal with change, uncertainty, and adversity, as well as interest in other countries and cultures, necessary to succeed as a student overseas and represent one’s home country in this role.
- Significant financial need and/or from lowest income bracket in country of origin.
- Commitment to give back in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa.
Scholarship Application Forms
- SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS FOR NEXT YEAR WILL BE AVAILABLE IN SEPTEMBER.
How to Apply
- In order to apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Michigan State University, you MUST also apply to MSU and arrange to have required test scores and supporting materials sent to the University.
To apply visit: beaspartan.msu.edu.
For more information on application requirements visit:
IMPORTANT: Be sure to save your Applicant ID and password during the MSU application process. You will need your Applicant ID to complete the MCF Scholarship Application.
- Students must be admitted to Michigan State University to be considered for this scholarship. To maximize consideration, apply early and ensure that the University receives all required admission application materials and test scores by January 4, 2017. To monitor the status of your application for admission you can log in to your personalized admissions portal at beaspartan.msu.eduwith your MSU Applicant ID and password.
- Complete this scholarship application and upload it electronically via your online admissions portal no later than January 4, 2017. You may submit the scholarship application at the same time as your MSU application. If you are submitting a hand-written scholarship application, you should ensure the document and scanned copy are clearly legible. Fill out this application with as much detail as possible. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Provide a copy of the MCF RECOMMENDATION FORM to an appropriate individual per the form instructions. Have your recommender complete this form and email it as an attachment to email@example.com no later than January 4, 2017.
- Please select someone other than a family member who knows you well andCAN CONFIDENTLY SPEAK TO YOUR FAMILY’S ECONOMIC CIRCUMSTANCES to complete the Family Background Form. Be sure to select someone whom we can contact in order to ensure your eligibility.
|JANUARY 4, 2016||Application for admission and all supporting academic materials (official transcripts, mark sheets, external exams, test scores) received by MSU|
|JANUARY 4, 2016||Submission deadline for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at MSU Undergraduate Scholarship Application and Recommender Form|
|MARCH 2016||Finalist Interviews|
|APRIL 1, 2016||Notification of Scholarship Status|
|MAY 1, 2016||Awardee decision due date|
Please email further inquiries regarding this scholarship to firstname.lastname@example.org.