Machel-Mandela Fellowship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Machel-Mandela Fellowship Program for Study in South Africa. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Machel-Mandela Fellowship Program Details and FAQs
- Machel-Mandela Fellowship Program Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- What is the duration of the scholarship?
- How to Apply for the Machel-Mandela Fellowship
The Brenthurst Foundation is a Johannesburg-based think-tank established by the Oppenheimer family in 2004 to support the Brenthurst Initiative in seeking ways to fund African development, and to organize conferences on African competitiveness.
The Machel-Mandela Fellows programme aims to be the most prestigious of its kind in Africa. It helps sharpen the Brenthurst Foundation’s focus on Africa’s burgeoning youth population and helps nurture Africa’s future leaders.
The Fellowship runs full-time for a minimum of six months and is open to both South African and international candidates, with the selected candidate expected to take up the appointment at the Foundation’s headquarters in Johannesburg in April 2019. Fellows will work directly with and assist the Foundation’s staff on a range of projects and activities, some of which will require foreign travel.
The Brenthurst Foundation is inviting applications from young graduates for the Machel-Mandela Fellows Programme, named in honour of former South African President Nelson Mandela and his wife Graca Machel.
When is the application deadline?
30th November 2018
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
Countries in Africa or abroad
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
Johannesburg, South Africa
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Under 30 years of age
- Undergraduate or Masters degree with track record of academic excellence
- Excellent English communication skills required, with copy-editing and proof-reading skills an asset
- Enthusiastic and reliable self-starter who requires minimal oversight and management
- Able to balance deadlines and attention to detail
- A passion for Africa and keen interest in strengthening Africa’s economic performance
- Familiarity with the work of The Brenthurst Foundation
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
An all-inclusive stipend per month and accommodation (subject to Foundation policy) will be provided. Other work-related expenses may also be covered subject to agreement with the Foundation.
What is the duration of the scholarship?
The programme will be available full-time for a minimum of six months and the selected candidate will be expected to take up the appointment in January 2019.
How to Apply for the Machel-Mandela Fellowship
Please address your application to Ms Leila Jack at email@example.com, quoting ‘Application: Machel-Mandela Fellow’ in the subject line.
You will need to send:
- An up-to-date CV with references
- A covering letter of no more than 500 words, outlining your interest in the position and relevant skills
- A writing sample, for example an essay or a published article of any length.
- The earliest date you would be able to start
- Details of where you saw the post advertised.