Maastricht University Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Maastricht University Holland High Potential Scholarship for International Students. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Maastricht University Holland High Potential Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Maastricht University Holland High Potential Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- What is the duration of the scholarship?
- How to Apply for the University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships
The Holland High Potential Scholarship consists of a High Potential Scholarship combined with a Holland Scholarship. The High Potential Scholarship is intended for excellent students from outside the European Union/European Economic Area (EU/EEA) who wish to do a master’s or a professional education programme at Maastricht University.
The Holland Scholarship is financed by the Dutch Ministry of Education, Culture and Science in conjunction with Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. It is aimed at international students from outside the EU/EEA who wish to follow a full degree programme in the Netherlands.
Maastricht University High Potential scholarships are offered by the Maastricht University Scholarship Fund in order to encourage talented students from outside the EU/EEA to undertake a Master’s programme at Maastricht University.
When is the application deadline?
1st February 2019
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
International students from a country outside the EU/EEA.
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
All candidates must meet the following requirements:
- You hold nationality in a country outside the EU/EEA and meet the requirements for obtaining an entry visa and residence permit for the Netherlands.
- You have applied for admission to a full-time Master’s programme at Maastricht University for the 2019-2020 academic year. Please click here for a full list of the Master’s programmes participating in this scholarship programme.
- You meet the specific admission requirements of the UM Master’s programme to which you have applied.
- You have never participated in a degree-seeking higher education programme in the Netherlands. Students who have completed exchange programmes in the Netherlands are welcome to apply.
- You are not older than 35 years of age on 1 September 2019.
- You have obtained excellent results during your prior education programmes, as demonstrated by your latest grade transcript or certified by academic excellence. If several applicants are equally qualified, UM will give preference to applicants whose academic transcript or certified letter of academic excellence demonstrate that they are among the top 5% of the 2019-2020 scholarship programme applicants.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- Living expenses: € 12,350 (13 months) or € 23,750 (25 months)
- Insurances: € 520
- Visa costs: € 192
- Tuition fees: € 13,000 € 15,000 or € 17,500 depending on the tuition of your study programme
- Pre-Academic Training Costs: € 695
What is the duration of the scholarship?
- 13 months in the case of a one-year master’s programme
- 25 months in the case of a two-year master’s programme
How to Apply for the University of Maastricht High Potential Scholarships
Interested students can find the steps to apply for this scholarship in the Scholarship Webpage. In the section Application and Selection, you may go through information about how to fill and send the application form. This differs per faculty.