KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the KNUST/MasterCard Foundation Scholarship for Ghanaian & African Students. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
KNUST/MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Details and FAQs
- KNUST/MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- To be taken at:
- What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- What are the selection and eligibility criteria?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How long will the scholarship last?
- How to Apply for the Programme:
- INTERNATIONAL APPLICANTS
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana is offering MasterCard Foundation Scholarships for Ghanaian and African students.
The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant university education.
It embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure student academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further social and economic change for Africa.
When is the application deadline?
29th March, 2019 at 17:00GMT
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
Ghana and other African countries
To be taken at:
The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) Ghana
What are the eligible courses and fields of study?
A preference for Science students; however, all subjects are considered.
What is the category of this opportunity?
What are the selection and eligibility criteria?
For the 2019/2020 Academic year, the opportunity is open to;
- All Applicants with WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results from an accredited/recognized institution and Certificate Ready and Satisfies KNUST’s Admission Requirements. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted.
- The Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement (s).
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
- All Subjects are considered; however, there is a Preference for Science Students.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The Scholarship includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled in an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies with an MCF Partner institution in the USA.
How long will the scholarship last?
Full period of study
How to Apply for the Programme:
Download a copy of the 2019/2020 application form here.
Submit the completed application form THROUGH EMS/ any other courier mail to:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST Secretariat
℅ Office of the Dean of Students
Private Mail Bag
KNUST, Kumasi, Ghana
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents
- The print out of KNUST’s online admission
- Original Certificates for both O’Level and A’Level results or their equivalent.
Award of the Scholarship will be published on the Program’s website