Karlstad University Global Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Karlstad University Global Scholarships for International Students Sweden. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Karlstad University Global Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Karlstad University Global Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How are selections made?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How to Apply for the Karlstad University Scholarships
Karlstad University Global Scholarship offers scholarships covering tuition fees in part or in full. The application for scholarship will be considered only if the application fee is paid or if you are exempted from paying the application fee. The application form will be published in this website before the application period starts.
The Karlstad University Global Scholarship programme is aiming at top academic students from countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland) who are required to pay tuition fees for studies.
When is the application deadline?
1st February 2019
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
Countries outside the European Union/European Economic Area (and Switzerland).
This scholarship programme is not open for students from the following 12 countries: Bangladesh, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Ethiopia, Kenya, Mali, Mozambique, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia. Students from these countries instead have the possibility to apply for The Swedish Institute Study Scholarships.
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Candidates are NOT eligible if they:
- have already lived in Sweden for two years or more when the scholarship period is due to begin.
- have a Swedish permanent residence permit or a work permit.
- hold a scholarship for studies from Swedish Institute or from a Swedish university/university college.
- already hold a master’s degree from a Swedish university/university college.
How are selections made?
The selection process for scholarships is undertaken after the programme selection process. Priority will be given to students with high academic performance and who demonstrate a strong commitment and desire to study at Karlstad University.
The scholarship is only awarded for programmes starting in a fall semester. An offer of a scholarship is only valid for the year and the programme stipulated in the scholarship notification. If the student is granted deferment until the next academic year, the offer of a scholarship is not valid. If a student who has been awarded a scholarship changes programmes, the student will risk losing the scholarship as scholarships are programme-specific.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- Scholarships cover 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% of the tuition fees. The value of the scholarship is stated in the notification of scholarship for each scholarship holder.
- The scholarship value is deducted from the tuition fees of the programme for which you are awarded a scholarship.
- Karlstad University Global Scholarships do not cover living costs.
- To be able to finance your stay in Sweden and get a residence permit for studies you need to show that you have funds for the total study period the first time you apply for a residence permit. For further information contact the Swedish Migration Board.
How to Apply for the Karlstad University Scholarships
- A printed and signed scholarship application form, together with supporting documents should be sent to Karlstad University, International Office, 651 88 Karlstad, Sweden. The application needs to be received 1 February 2019 the latest. Late applications will not be considered. You must apply for studies at Karlstad University before applying for scholarship.
- Karlstad University Global Scholarship Application