Kaduna State Government Fellowship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship for Young Nigerian Leaders. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship Details and FAQs
- Kaduna State Government Kashim Ibrahim Fellowship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the selection criteria?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- What is the duration of the program?
- How to Apply for the Programme:
The Government of Kaduna State in Nigeria is inviting applications for its inaugural Fellowship program target at young Nigerians from ages 25-35 years.
Kaduna State Government is set to introduce its inaugural class of the Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme commencing in June, 2018. The programme’s objective is to develop and nurture leadership ability across Nigeria, with specific focus on the promising leaders of the future.
The one-year programme aims to create a network of high potential young Nigerians who are expected to rise to top leadership positions in the public sector and other spheres of activity over the next decade.
The overall mission of the non-partisan programme, as envisioned by His Excellency, Mallam Nasir el-Rufai, is in his words, “to raise the next generation of leaders who will most likely be absorbed into the Nigerian public sector having had a first-hand experience of its workings and challenges”
Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme comprises of four components, namely;
- Work Placement
- Education Programme
- Community Service
When is the application deadline?
20th March 2019
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
To be eligible as a Kashim Ibrahim Fellow, applicants must demonstrate a public interest orientation.
What are the selection criteria?
The most important criterion is to have a real commitment to put your new leadership skills into use to benefit your community, State and Nigeria upon the successful completion of the programme. Selection criteria include:
- Diversity: The programme will admit sixteen (16) Fellows representing diverse ethnic, religious, and gender backgrounds, with varied educational, economic, and geographic experiences; working from all angles and with different perspectives to strengthen their communities and civic life.
- An established record of integrity and exemplary achievement.
- Commitment to engaging in crucial issues and to making a difference at the national or international level.
- Promise of a future career of leadership and notable impact.
- Special capacity for critical, creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic thinking.
- Commitment to a rigorous programme of activities, to full-time residence in Kaduna for the entire duration of the programme.
- Fellowships are available for individuals who are working to solve important public problems in creative and powerful ways.
- Proficiency in English: Fellows must be fluent in spoken and written English as all programmes will be conducted in English.
- Applicants must be Nigerian citizens between 25 to 35 years of age.
- Applicants must be graduates of a recognised university, and must have completed the mandatory national youth service.
What are the benefits of the award?
- A salary and benefits equivalent to that of Special Assistant to the Governor from the Ministry, Department or Agency for which Fellows work.
- Accommodation in a nicely furnished one-bedroom apartment for the duration of the programme, and breakfast
What is the duration of the program?
How to Apply for the Programme:
- Please note that application for admission to the Kashim Ibrahim Fellows Programme is entirely an online process. There are no paper forms to complete or mail.
- There is no application fee or any cost to apply.
- Prior to the deadline of 20th March 2019, you may work on your application at any time and submit it when you are ready. After creating an account and accessing the online application, you can upload materials and request your letters of recommendation.
- Applicants are required to submit a Résumé/Curriculum Vitae (maximum 3 pages), two letters of recommendation and an essay on the change and leadership in Nigeria (maximum 1000 words).