Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship. Undergraduate Nigerian Students are invited to apply for the scholarship. See the full details below:
Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will I be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What is the duration of the scholarship award?
- How to Apply for the Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship
The Jim Ovia Scholarship was founded and funded by Mr. Jim Ovia since 1998, to provide financial aid to outstanding Nigeria youths. The scholarship was previoustly known as the MUSTE scholarship. The awardees are given funding for undergraduate study for the duration of the undergraduate program. The award includes tuition and maintenance allowance. The scheme offers an average of 100 opportunities every year. The Financial records show that as at October 2010, Mr. Ovia has invested 100 Million Naira in the program on 1500 beneficiaries.
In establishing the Jim Ovia Scholarship, Mr. Ovia hoped to create a network of future leaders within Nigeria who can compete globally with their peers, bring new ideas, creativity and are committed to improving the lives and circumstances of people in their respective communities. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to use their knowledge to contribute to society throughout Nigeria by providing service to their community and applying their talent and knowledge to improve the lives of others. Over time it is expected that the Jim Ovia Scholarship beneficiaries will become leaders in helping to address challenges related to health, technology, and finance, all areas in which the foundation is deeply engaged.
- To promote access to tertiary education
- To invest in the future leaders of Nigeria
- To provide a platform that encourages competitiveness and promotes equal opportunities in workplace
- To bridge the knowledge gap among Nigerian Youth
When is the application deadline?
December 26th 2018
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
Students from Nigeria are eligible for this scholarship.
In which host country will I be studying?
You will be studying in Nigeria.
What is the category of this opportunity?
This scholarship falls under the undergraduate scholarships category.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
The scholarship is open to all undergraduate University students of Nigerian citizenship. One hundred (100) awardees are selected each year from a pool of eligible applicants. Scholarships are awarded on the basis of personal intellectual ability, leadership capability and a desire to contribute to society at large to improve the lives of others.
How many scholarship awards are available?
One hundred (100)
What is the duration of the scholarship award?
The duration of the scholarship is 4 years.
How to Apply for the Jim Ovia Foundation Scholarship
- The application process is currently open. To find out more information on how to apply, please visit the following link below
- Applications for the scholarship are now being accepted through this link.