IITA Research Fellowship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the IITA Research Fellowships for Young Academics and Professionals (grants for the study of Youth Engagement in Agribusiness and Rural Economic Activities in Africa). Interested students should see the details below.
IITA Research Fellowship Details and FAQs
- IITA Research Fellowship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the fellowship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the fellowship?:
- How many fellowship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- What is the duration of the programme?
- How to Apply:
Applications are currently ongoing for the IITA Fellowships to Generate Evidence On “Youth Engagement in Agribusiness And Rural Economic Activities in Africa”. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) received a three-year research grant for “Enhancing Capacity to Apply Research Evidence (CARE) in policy for youth engagement in agribusiness and rural economic activities in Africa” funded by the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD).
IITA is pleased to announce 30 research fellowships for 2019 under the framework of the CARE project. The fellowships are action-oriented and target young academics and professionals, and graduate students at the post-course work/research stage of their programs. The fellowship program seeks to contribute to policy development on youth engagement in agribusiness and rural economic activities in Africa.. It is designed to provide opportunities for the youth by improving the availability and use of evidence for inclusive and “youth friendly” policies on youth engagement in agribusiness and rural economic activities. The fellows will be provided by providing them with funding, technical support and the expertise of IITA’s socio-economics scientists, skills and competencies in social and economic research, and a network of other fellows with whom to exchange ideas. This is not a one-time invitation for applications, but rather a continuing call for research on this topic till 2020.
When is the application deadline?
15th March 2019
Which countries are eligible for the fellowship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
The research will be carried out in the following countries: Benin, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Senegal, and Zambia.
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the fellowship?:
- Applicants must be young Africans.
- The research will be carried out in the following countries: Benin, Cameroon, Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Morocco, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Senegal, and Zambia.
- Applicants must not be more than 40 years old at the time of application.
- Applicants must be young scholars at a research institute or university in Africa or a student registered in a PhD or Master’s program in recognized universities in Africa, majoring in agricultural economics, agribusiness, or economics or a related social science field, and must have finished their university course work.
How many fellowship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the award?
- Awards for Research Grants are up to $10,000 (Proposals with a reasonable higher budget can also be selected depending on the quality of the research proposal).
- Grantees will be supervised by IITA’s socio-economics scientists in close collaboration with their national/university supervisors.
- Grantees will be offered training on research methodology, data management, and scientific writing.
- Grantees will be offered training on production of research evidence for policy-making
What is the duration of the programme?
The duration of the research should not exceed 6 months.
How to Apply:
Application Requirements: To apply for the Research Fellowship, applicants must submit the following:
- • Completed application form (download application form here).
- • Copy of the passport or other statement of citizenship.
- • Curriculum Vitae (CV), which includes work history and education. CVs should be no longer than two pages.
- • Proof of registration at an accredited university for MSc and PhD programs (for students).
- • Proof of employment at a research institute or university in Africa (for young academics and professionals)
- It is important to go through all application requirements on the Programme Webpage see link below) before applying.