Honjo International Scholarship is currently ongoing. The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers Scholarship for Graduate Students from Countries other than Japan to study for 2019 academic year.
Honjo International Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Honjo International Scholarship Details and FAQs
- How to Apply for the Honjo International Scholarship
The Honjo International Scholarship Foundation offers Scholarship for Graduate Students from Countries other than Japan to study for 2019 academic year.
When is the application deadline?
31st October 2018
To study in:
To be considered for the scholarship, the student must satisfy ALL of the requirement
1. The student does not possess Japanese citizenship.
2. The student must be registered to attend or applying for a graduate school starting from April 1, 2019.
3. In principle, students enrolled in a professional graduate school are not applicable, however, those who can submit a research plan can apply for this scholarship program.
4. To be eligible, students enrolled in a PhD Program must have been born after March 31, 1983. Those enrolled in a Master’s Program must have been born after March 31, 1988.
5. The student must be able to assure the committee that he or she will be able to secure employment in their home country after graduating from a graduate school. This does not require him or her to have employment guaranteed or to return his or her home country immediately after graduating the university, but he or she is expected to have strong will of working in his or her home country in the future.
6. The student must have a deep understanding of international friendship and goodwill, and must be able to attend the events organized by the foundation and take part in the network as an alumni member.
7. The student must be able to carry an everyday conversation in Japanese. Interviews will be conducted in Japanese. (no exception)
What is the value of the scholarship
(1) ¥200,000 per month for1 or 2 years
(2) ¥180,000 per month for 3 years
(3) ¥150,000 per month for 4 or 5 years
Travel expenses for attending an international conference, etc. will be provided to scholarship
How many awards are available?
15 to 20 students
Duration of Programme:
The period of the scholarship is set in accordance with the shortest period of time required to complete the intended degree.
How to Apply for the Honjo International Scholarship
Prepare all the documents listed below.
2. Visit the website below and fill a form and get your application number. The application form is available later than September 15, 2018.
3. Write down the application number on the application form.
4. Print out a mailing label in the last page of application forms, write your application number on it and put it in an envelope for A4 paper to send it to the Administration Office by a postal mail.
(1) A scholarship application form, a resume and a personal information form (1 set of 3 pages); make sure to attach your photo to the application form as instructed.
※ Download the above forms provided on the website. Fill them in Japanese by typed or hand-written.
(2) Academic transcript: Please provide the transcript
i) from undergraduate course of the university where you graduated AND ii) any other courses that you are currently taking or have taken in the past. If you transferred into the university, the transcript from the previous school is needed. All the applicants must provide at least i) the academic transcript from undergraduate course. Photocopies are acceptable.
(3) Research plan: In Japanese, describe focusing around following four points; i) an outline of your research; ii) projected schedule between now and graduation; iii) plans and goals for the future; iv) research you have conducted in the past (if any). 2~4 pages are preferable. Either typed or hand-written is available.
(4) One recommendation letter from an academic supervisor. (This confidential letter should mention the applicant’s academic achievements, character/personality, and his or her potential for the future.) There is no limit on the number of pages or style.
If your former academic supervisor knows about you wel, you can ask him/ her for your recommendation letter.
(5) A certificate of enrollment or a letter of admission. In case that entrance examination has not been held yet, or successful candidates of the entrance examination will not have been announced before you apply for this scholarship, write down the scheduled date of examination or announcement of the result on the bottom of application form. If
you are already enrolling into a graduate school, please provide a certificate of currentenrollment. (Photocopies are acceptable.)
※(2) (4) (5): Please prepare those documents in Japanese OR English. If you have your
documents in other languages, please attach either Japanese OR English translation.
※We only have application forms written in Japanese.
Please send your application package to:
Honjo International Scholarship Foundation
1-14-9, Tomigaya, Shibuya-ku, Tokyo 151-0063
Tel: +81-3-3468-2214 Fax: +81-3-3468-2606
Send inquiries to: email@example.com
- Documents sent by E-mail is not acceptable.
- We will send an e-mail to confirm the acceptance of applications to all the applicants by
November 14. If you don’t receive the confirmation e-mail, please contact the Administration