Applications are currently ongoing for the 1,000 Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships for International Students in Germany – Undergraduate, Masters and PhD. Interested students should see the details below.
Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will I be studying?
- Accepted Subject Areas:
- What are the selection criteria?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- How long will the scholarship last?
- How to Apply for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
The Heinrich Böll Foundation is a German, legally independent political foundation. Affiliated with the German Green Party, it was founded in 1997 when three predecessors merged. The foundation was named after German writer Heinrich Böll.
The Heinrich Böll Foundation grants scholarships to approximately 1,000 undergraduates, graduates, and doctoral students of all subjects and nationalities per year, who are pursuing their degree at universities, universities of applied sciences (‘Fachhochschulen’), or universities of the arts (‘Kunsthochschulen’) in Germany.
Approximately 1, 000 Heinrich Böll Foundation International Scholarships for Undergraduates, Graduates, and PhD Students to study at Universities in Germany.
When is the application deadline?
- 1st March 2018 (Summer)
- 1st September 2018 (Winter)
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will I be studying?
Universities, Universities of Applied Sciences, or Universities of the Arts in Germany
Accepted Subject Areas:
Any subject area is applicable
What are the selection criteria?
Scholarship recipients are expected to have excellent academic records, to be socially and politically engaged, and to have an active interest in the basic values of the foundation: ecology and sustainability, democracy and human rights, self determination and justice.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
The following general requirements apply to international student applicants (except EU citizens) who wish to study in Germany:
- You must be enrolled at a state-recognized university or college (e.g. Fachhochschule) in Germany at the time the scholarship payments begin.
- You should provide proof that you have already graduated with an initial professional qualification. This programme mainly supports students aiming for a Masters degree.
- You need a good knowledge of German, and require you provide proof of your proficiency. Please note that the selection workshop (interviews, group discussions) will normally be in German. Exceptions (interview in English) are, however, possible.
- Unfortunately, the current guidelines specify that the foundation cannot support foreign scholarship holders for stays abroad in third countries for more than four weeks.
- You should definitely apply for a scholarship before the start of your studies, in order to ensure long-term support and cooperation.
- The Heinrich Böll Foundation cannot award you a scholarship, if you are studying for a one-year Masters degree and were not previously supported by the foundation.
- Applications are possible before you begin your study programme or within the first three semesters.
- Applicants must provide proof that they have been accepted as a doctoral student by an institution of higher education in Germany or an EU country (for doctoral scholarship).
How many scholarship awards are available?
How long will the scholarship last?
Scholarship will be offered for the duration of the undergraduate, Masters or Doctoral programme
How to Apply for the Heinrich Boll Foundation Scholarships
The application form will be completed online; additional application documents will be submitted as PDF.