Gus Archie Undergraduate Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Gus Archie Undergraduate Scholarship Program for Petroleum Engineering Students. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Gus Archie Undergraduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Gus Archie Undergraduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- Field of Study
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- What is the duration of the scholarship?
- How to Apply for Gus Archie Undergraduate Scholarship
Each year the Society of Petroleum Engineers – SPE – Foundation, through the SPE Section Scholarship Support Program, as well as with individual candidates, awards the Gus Archie Memorial Scholarship to the most outstanding student preparing to attend university to pursue an Undergraduate Degree in Petroleum Engineering. The Gus Archie Memorial Scholarship is supported by the Archie Fund of the Society of Petroleum Engineers – SPE – Foundation.
When is the application deadline?
15th April, 2019
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
Countries included in the SPE Region list.
Field of Study
The Gus Archie Scholarship is restricted to first-year petroleum engineering students ONLY.
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
This is a merit based scholarship. Recipients are typically in the top 3% in both class ranking and standardized test scores.
- Must intend to enroll in petroleum engineering in a recognized university program according to your country or region, leading to an undergraduate degree in petroleum engineering
- Must become an SPE member once eligible
- Comply with sanction policy (see in link below)
- Complete the electronic application submission process
Only applications submitted via the link provided will be accepted. Applications received in any other format will not be eligible.
If awarded, each semester, you must:
- Be enrolled in a petroleum engineering class by the beginning of the second year of university
- Remain in petroleum engineering degree program
- Maintain at least 2/3 of a full academic load
- Have and maintain a satisfactory average of scores/marks for the current semester and cumulative total
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
USD 5,000 per year
What is the duration of the scholarship?
How to Apply for Gus Archie Undergraduate Scholarship
- Submit the online application form by noon CDT (UTC-5) on 15 April.
- You must submit at least one recommendation and documentation for entry exams (if applicable).