Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme for Nigerian Students. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- Eligible Fields of Study:
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the selection criteria?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- How to Apply for the Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship
- About Guinness Nigeria
Applications are now open for the nationwide Undergraduate Scholarship Scheme at Guinness Nigeria Plc. This scholarship supports Guinness Nigeria’s commitment to implementing transformative schemes that foster youth development.
When is the application deadline?
23rd September, 2019.
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
Eligible Fields of Study:
Applications are open to students studying the following courses:
Engineering & Sciences – Mechanical, Electrical, Chemical, Lab Science, Microbiology, Bio-Chemistry, Marketing & Sales, Human Resources/Industrial & Labour Relations and Accounting.
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Applicants must be Nigerians
- Applicants must be first or second year students in Nigerian Universities or Polytechnics.
What are the selection criteria?
- Candidates may be required to write an aptitude test
- Shortlisted candidates may be required to provide a letter of introduction from the Chairman of their Community Development Associations where applicable. .
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the award?
The scholarship will provide full tuition for students who are currently studying in Nigerian Universities and Polytechnics. Student from our host communities are encourage to apply.
How to Apply for the Guinness Nigeria Undergraduate Scholarship
Interested and qualified candidates should send the following details below to: email@example.com
- Full Name
- Matriculation Number/Year of study
- Home Town/Local Government Area/State of Origin
- Phone Number/e-mail address
- Scanned copy of Student ID card or
- Admission letter.
About Guinness Nigeria
This is the story of a truly successful company with a rich heritage and a great track record of growth and strong performance. Guinness Nigeria is not only regarded as an iconic African company, renowned internationally for its brands of unmatched quality, but also as a company that believes in enriching the communities within which it operates, through investment and active participation in the positive evolution of society.
Guinness Stout was first exported to Sierra Leone in 1827 and soon became popular across West Africa. In 1963, Ikeja in Lagos Nigeria was chosen as the first location outside the British Isles to brew the iconic dark beer. Two years later, in 1965, Guinness Nigeria was listed on the Nigerian Stock Exchange.
Steady growth in markets for Guinness Stout and Harp Lager during the next 30 years prompted the building of three more major breweries in Nigeria. In 1974, the company built a second brewery in Benin, where it produced Harp lager beer. This facility was later expanded to accommodate a second stout brewery, commissioned in 1978.
In 1982, a fourth Guinness brewery was built in Ogba, Lagos to brew Harp Premium Lager beer. This site too, was expanded to include Guinness Stout. Several years later, in 2004, Guinness Nigeria commissioned a new brewery at Aba, Abia State.
In 2011, the Benin and Ogba breweries were expanded to further increase capacity and meet the growing demand for Guinness Nigeria products which include the acclaimed brands: Guinness Foreign Extra Stout, Guinness Extra Smooth, Malta Guinness, and Harp Lager beer.
Other brands include Gordon’s Spark, Smirnoff Ice, Armstrong Dark Ale, Satzenbrau Pilsner, Top Malt, Harp Lime, Dubic Extra Lager and most recently, Malta Guinness Low Sugar.
Guinness Nigeria is committed to enriching the communities in which it operates and plays a leading role in the socio-economic development of its host communities.
To ensure that efforts can be as effective as possible and are sustainable, the company concentrates on these focus areas: the provision of clean potable water (through the Diageo Water of Life initiative), Health and Education.