Graduate Institute of Geneva Visiting Fellowship Invitation; Applications are currently ongoing for the Graduate Institute of Geneva Visiting Fellowships for International Researchers. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Graduate Institute of Geneva Visiting Fellowship Details and FAQs
PhD Research Fellowship Programme for outstanding young professors from universities from developing and emerging countries in Africa, Asia, and Latin America at The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland.
When is the application deadline?
- 1st March 2019 for Residence in the Fall Semester (mid-September to the end of January)
- 1st October 2019 for Residence in the Spring Semester (mid-February to the end of May)
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Visiting Fellows eligible candidates include post-doctoral students, researchers or professors from other universities working in one of the Institute’s disciplines or areas of specialisation;
- Junior Visiting Fellows eligible candidates include self-sponsored doctoral student with an independent research project or Fulbright nominees;
- Senior Fellows in Residence senior staff members of international institutions working in one of the Institute’s areas of specialisation; could be nominated by their host institution in the case of the EU and the UN;
- Applicants must have independent funding;
- Applicants for the Swiss Confederation Scholarships requesting a letter of support from the Institute are subject to the application process below.
- Scholars will spend one semester at the Institute to :
- Update and strengthen the curriculum of their course ;
- Further a personal research project ;
- Participate in teaching courses ;
- Interact with the international community of the Institute and Geneva area.
- Scholars receive a contribution towards living expenses. The Institute will cover costs of travel and visas for participants as well accommodation costs;
- It will ensure a monthly stipend to compensate in the case of the loss of income* in the institution of origin and to cover subsistence costs in Geneva; upon presentation of a certificate
- Participants will be provided with a work space, and access to the Institute’s library and IT facilities.
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, Switzerland
How to Apply for the Programme:
- Click here to fill the application form;
- Send the following documents (pdf) to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- A brief summary of the research project at the Graduate Institute;
- A letter of support from candidate’s home institution (or supervisor;
- A passport copy.