Government of Mauritius Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Government of Mauritius Scholarships for African Students. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Government of Mauritius Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Government of Mauritius Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- What is the duration of the scholarship?
- How to Apply for the Government of Mauritius Scholarships
As part of its commitment to promote capacity-building at high level across the continent, the Government of Mauritius is awarding scholarships to deserving students who are resident citizens of member states of the African Union or of African Commonwealth countries as per the following criteria below
When is the application deadline?
- Electronic application to be submitted: 18th February 2019
- Hard copies to be submitted: 25th February 2019
- Electronic application to be submitted: 15th April 2019
- Hard copies to be submitted: 29th April 2019
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
Countries in the African Union
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Applicants should be above 18 years of age and should not have reached their 26th birthday at the closing date of application;
- For Master’s programmes, applicants should not have reached 35 years and,
- for PhD programmes, applicants should not have reached 45 years by the closing date of application
- Applicants must have applied for full-time on-campus studies at any public Tertiary Education Institution in Mauritius for academic year starting in 2019;
- The scholarship will be for a maximum of four (4) years or the minimum course duration whichever is lesser.
- Qualification entry requirements
- Candidates should have successfully completed end of secondary school to be eligible and should satisfy the minimum grade requirements as indicated below: : (i) 24 points at GCE A – Level which will be computed on the basis of the following grades obtained in three Principal subjects: A+=10, A=9, B=8, C=7, D=6 & E=5; OR (ii) at least an overall average of 70% or an overall average of, 14/20; OR (iii) criteria equivalent to (i) or (ii) above.
- In case the language of instruction is not English in the qualifying examination, the candidate will have to provide a valid TOEFL or IELTS test results with a minimum score not less than 550 or 5.5 respectively, or an appropriate proof of English Language proficiency.
- Candidates who are already holders of an undergraduate degree will NOT be eligible under this scholarship scheme.
- Self-financing candidates already studying in Mauritius in will NOT be eligible under this Scholarship scheme.
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The Scholarship will support successful candidates in meeting tuition fees and contribute to their living expenses during their studies in Mauritius. Furthermore, the airfare, by the most economical route, from the country of origin at the beginning of studies and back to the country of origin at the end of the studies will be covered. This will be valid for travel from the country of origin at the beginning of the studies and back to the country of origin upon successful completion of studies.
What is the duration of the scholarship?
- Undergraduate Diploma Three (3) years
- Undergraduate Degree Four (4) years
- Master’s Two (2) years
- PhD Three (3) years
How to Apply for the Government of Mauritius Scholarships
It is important to go through the Scholarship Webpage for application instructions before applying.