Google Hash Code Programming Challenge Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Google Hash Code Programming Challenge for Students and Professionals in Africa, Europe and Middle East. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Google Hash Code Programming Challenge Details and FAQs
- Google Hash Code Programming Challenge Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How are selections made?
- What is the value of the program?
- How to Apply for the Google Hash Code Programming Challenge
Hash Code is a team-based programming competition organized by Google for students and industry professionals (18+) across Europe, the Middle East and Africa. You pick your team and programming language, Google picks a real-life engineering problem to solve.
For each round of the competition we’ll present a problem (see past problems in Program webpage below) and your team will write a program that generates a solution. Your team can submit as many solutions as you’d like using the online Judge System, and a live scoreboard will let you know how you stack up against the competition. Top scoring teams will win cool Google prizes, because of course you can’t host a programming competition without something to work for! Convinced?
When is the application deadline?
25th February, 2019
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
Countries in Africa, Europe & Middle East
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
For the Online Qualification Round, your team can participate from anywhere. To make this round a bit more exciting, you can volunteer to organize a hub (e.g. at your university) where local teams can come together to compete.
The Final Round will take place in Dublin, Ireland
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Hash Code is open to university students and industry professionals in Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
- Participants register and compete in teams of two to four.
- Registration is free
- The only thing you need for the Online Qualification Round is a computer connected to the Internet. The Hangout on Air will be available on YouTube, so if you can watch YouTube videos on your computer then you should be able to view it. The Judge System will be available as a web application, compatible with recent web browsers. For the rest of your computer setup, you’re free to use the tools and programming languages of your choice.
How are selections made?
Top scoring teams from the Online Qualification Round will be notified and invited to the Final Round at Google Dublin. We’ll present a second challenge, and the winning teams will be awarded cool Google prizes. In addition to the competition, participants will also get the chance to learn more about Google through a variety of tech talks and presentations.
What is the value of the program?
For the Final Round, the three teams with the highest scores will be awarded cool Google prizes. Every participant will also get a certificate of qualification to the Final Round and a gift bag.
How to Apply for the Google Hash Code Programming Challenge
You should carefully review the rules of the competition. It may also be helpful to look at problem statements from past editions of Hash Code. We encourage you to practice together with your teammates, and agree on the programming languages and tools you’d like to use.
The only thing you need for the Online Qualification Round is a computer connected to the Internet.