Applications are currently ongoing for the 2018/2019 Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship for Students in Developing Countries to study in University of Edinburgh, UK.
Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will I be studying?
- What are the fields of study?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the selection criteria?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- How long will the scholarship last?
- How to Apply for the Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship
The University of Edinburgh UK is offering the Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship for full-time one year Masters study at the University.
When is the application deadline?
25th June 2018 23.59 BST.
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
Afghanistan, Algeria, Angola, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea Bissau, Haiti, Ivory Coast, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mongolia, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Niger, Nigeria, Paraguay, Republic of Moldova, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Swaziland, Tajikistan, Tanzania, The former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tunisia, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe
In which host country will I be studying?
University of Edinburgh UK
What are the fields of study?
- MSc (by Research) Biomedical Sciences (Life Sciences)
- MSc (by Research) Cardiovascular Biology
- MSc Human Anatomy
- MSc (by Research) Integrative Neuroscience
- MMedSci (by Research) Medical Sciences
- MPH Public Health
- MSc (by Research) Reproductive Sciences
- MSc Science Communication and Public Engagement
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- The scholarship will be awarded to an applicant who is accepted for admission on a full-time basis on one of the listed eligible Human Medical programmes.
- Applicants should already have been offered a place at the University of Edinburgh and should have firmly accepted that offer or be intending to do so.
- It is hoped that students would wish to return to the Developing World on completion of their studies where their work and furthered medical studies will benefit the area.
What are the selection criteria?
The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of academic merit. Candidates must have, or expect to obtain, the overseas equivalent of a UK first-class honours degree.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
The scholarship will have a value of £21,200. The scholarship will cover tuition fees of up to £21,200 with any surplus paid as a stipend.
How long will the scholarship last?
Tenable for one academic year
How to Apply for the Glenmore Medical Postgraduate Scholarship
In order to gain access to the scholarship application system applicants must have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh. Please note that, following the submission of an application for admission, it can take up to five working days for all system checks to be completed and for access to be granted.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
Please note you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh and have full EASE authentication.