About the Gender Equality & Empowerment Of Women In Aviation 2016 Photo Contest
Applications are currently being invited for the Gender Equality & Empowerment Of Women In Aviation 2016 Photo Contest. The International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO), in partnership with International Aviation Women’s Association (IAWA), is pleased to announce the launch of a photo contest seeking to promote Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women in Aviation.
The contest provides participants with an opportunity to showcase their creativity and to share ideas on gender equality or to highlight women in aviation, role models, mentors, etc., who have inspired others. ICAO and IAWA invite you to express, through the eye of your camera lens, illustrations of gender equality and women’s empowerment in aviation.
This photo contest is particularly inspired by the UN Sustainable Development Goal 5: Achieve gender equality and empower all women and girls.
The main objective of the photo contest is to increase the visibility of women in aviation and aerospace, and to collectively promote efforts towards enhancing gender equality and the empowerment of women in the air transport sector.
9th September 2016 Midnight
Illustrate the gender-related statements listed below – Using Photography!
- Women conquering aviation technology
- Women leading the way as change agents in aviation
- Women at the decision-making table in the aviation sector
- Inclusiveness in the aviation workplace
- Advancements of women in aviation
- Bridging gender equality gaps in the aviation sector
- Fostering the next generation of women in aviation
Selection of the winning submission will be based on originality, representation of the selected gender statement, aesthetic appeal of the photo, creativity and adherence to the contest guidelines and terms and conditions outlined below.
Value of Contest
The selected winner will receive an invitation and financial support to attend the 28th Annual Conference of International Aviation Women’s Associations being held in Montreal in October 2016, or other suitable ICAO conference. The winning photo will be published and made widely available for pertinent gender exhibitions and awareness campaigns.
All contributors will also be provided a Certificate of Acknowledgement and will be recognized on ICAO’s website.
How to Apply
- Each participant may submit only one photo.
- Entries must be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 September 2016 midnight (EDT). Late entries shall not be accepted.
- All submissions must be accompanied by:
- the photographer’s name, nationality, country of residence, contact details, and date of birth;
- the month/year the photo was taken; and
- a narrative/description not to exceed 500 words of how the photo relates to the specific gender statement which the photo is portraying.
- Photos must be submitted in JPEG, PNG or raw format.
- Submitted Photos must be minimum 2000 pixels across their height or width to permit sharing and printing for maximum exposure.
- Submitted photos must be original, unpublished work.