Federal Government BEA Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Federal Government Scholarship for Nigerian Undergraduate, Masters and PhD for Study Overseas. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Federal Government Scholarship Details and FAQs
The Honourable Minister of Education (HME), Mallam Adamu Adamu, hereby invites interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2023/2024 Federal Government Scholarship Awards for:
BILATERAL EDUCATION AGREEMENT (BEA)
- Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Hungary, Egypt and Venezuela;
- Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Romania.
When is the application deadline?
The application closing date is 06 January 2023.
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
What is the category of this opportunity?
The Awards are for Undergraduate (UG) and Postgraduate (PG) studies.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the FSB BEA scholarship?
- All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Seven (7) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secondary School Certificates, WASSCE/WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than two (2) years old (2021 & 2022) for Non-African Countries and for African countries the age of certificate is one year (2022) only. Age limit is from 17 to 20 years.
- All applicants for Postgraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with 1st Class or at least 2nd Class Upper Division.
- All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Programme and the age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D
- N.Y.S.C discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted; and
- Evidence of readiness to be released by an employer
How many scholarship awards are available?
How long will the sponsorship last?
The duration of the scholarship offer ranges from 4- 9 years depending on the level of study and the country.
How to Apply for the FSB BEA Scholarship
- Visit Federal ministry of education website www.education.gov.ng and click on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form
NOTE: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of the current International passport;
- Specified Medical Reports from Government hospitals;
- Birth Certificate & Indigene letter
- Police Clearance Certificate where necessary.
Good to know about the interviews and online applications.