Applications are currently ongoing for the Adaptation Finance Fellowship Programme for Students in Developing Countries (Fully-funded for study at Frankfurt School of Finance). Interested students should see the details below.
Scholarship Details and FAQs
Applications are being accepted for Adaptation Finance Fellowship Programme (AFFP). The programme is open to applicants from developing and emerging countries who wish to pursue an academic or professional career in climate adaptation and finance, or who are already working in this field.
- 18-month comprehensive Fellowship Programme on adaptation finance free of charge (September 2018 to February 2020).
- Participation in a six-month Frankfurt School Development Finance e-Campus online certification course for climate adaptation professionals, the “Certified Expert in Climate Adaptation Finance”.
- Training and workshops during on-site events on emerging topics and leadership skills in Frankfurt and Bangkok
- Access to a mentorship programme and tutoring with internationally recognised experts in climate & adaptation finance.
- Opportunity to discuss and present own projects and business cases during a webinar series and on-site events with international experts
- Opportunities to contribute to webinars, blogs, publications, reports and journal articles
- Continuous online discussions, network opportunities and access to international professional networks of peers and leaders in climate adaptation and finance
- Researchers only: non-refundable grant to conduct research on climate adaptation finance and publication opportunities
- Business / Policy only: participation in academies on leadership skills in Frankfurt.
Duration of Program
September 2018 – February 2020
How to Apply for the Programme
To ensure and encourage stronger links between research, policy and private sector this fellowship programme is aiming at recruiting fellows from each of the three sectors. Fellows will be divided into three tracks:
- Policy Track
- Business Track
- Research Track
If you want to apply for a fellowship in one of the three tracks you have to completely fill the the online application form available here
Please pay also special attention to the motivational questions. You can interrupt and save your application whenever you want before your final submission. Submitted applications cannot be changed anymore! Only submit your application when you have completed it to your satisfaction.
Please carefully read the Terms and Conditions before starting your application. If you have any questions, please refer to the Application Instructions.
Your application must be submitted online using the AFFP application form. Only complete applications in English will be considered and consist of the following:
- Completely filled online application form in English language
- Curriculum vitae
- Certificates and letters of reference (of scholarships, employments etc.)
- Copy of valid passport
- Business and policy track: Outlining your personal motivation (*Please carefully read the motivational questions in the application form).
- Research track: Research Proposal, including a description of your research questions, conceptual framework, methodology, expected contribution, timeline and budget (*Please use the provided research proposal template only and read carefully the questions and instructions)