Federal Government Bilateral Education Agreement BEA Scholarship is available for Nigerian students who wish to study abroad. Interested students should see how to apply below. If you have missed or are not qualified for the BEA scholarship, you can still apply for the Federal Government FSB Scholarship Awards open to university undergraduate, HND, NCE and postgraduate students.
Note: Federal Government Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship for 2018/2019 is currently closed.
FSB Bilateral Education Agreement BEA Scholarship Application Details and FAQs
Applications are invited from interested and qualified Nigerians to participate in the 2018/2019 Nomination Interview for Bilateral Education Agreement (BEA) Scholarship Awards for:
Undergraduate (UG) studies tenable in Russia, Morocco, Algeria, Serbia, Hungary, Egypt, Tunisia, Turkey, Cuba, Romania, Ukraine, Japan, Macedonia; and
Postgraduate (PG) studies tenable in Russia (for those whose first degrees were obtained from Russia), China, Hungary, Serbia, Turkey, Japan, Mexico, South Korea, e.t.c.
PLEASE NOTE THAT BEA PROCESSING DOES NOT ATTRACT ANY PROCESSING FEE. THEREFORE, BEWARE OF FRAUDSTERS!
What are the eligible fields of study for the Federal Government BEA Scholarship
Undergraduate level – Engineering, Geology, Agriculture, Sciences, Mathematics, Languages, Environmental Sciences, Sports, Law, Social Sciences, Biotechnology, Architecture, Medicine (very limited), etc; and
Postgraduate level (Masters Degree and Ph.D) in all fields.
What are the eligibility criteria?
- UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for undergraduate degree courses must possess a minimum qualification of Five (5) Distinctions (As & Bs) in the Senior Secoundary School Certificates, WAEC (May/June) only in the subjects relevant to their fields of study including English Language and Mathematics. Certificates should not be more than Two (2) years old (2016 & 2017). Age limit is from 18 to 20 years
- POSTGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIPS: All applicants for Undergraduate degree courses must hold a First Degree with at least 2nd Class Upper The applicants who are previous recipients of Foreign Awards must have completed at least two (2) years post qualification or employment practice in Nigeria. All applicants must have completed N.Y.S.C. Age limit is 35 years for Masters and 40 years for Ph.D. and only:
- NYSC discharge or exemption certificates only are accepted;
- Evidence of readiness to be released by employer.
- Since the BEA countries are non-English speaking, applicants should be prepared to undertake a mandatory one year foreign Languare course of the country of choice which will be the standard medium of instruction; and
- All applicants for Hungarian Scholarships must visit the website: www.stipendiumhungaricum.hu before 15th February, 2018.
- Complete the application form online.
- Print the completed form and bring to the interview venue in addition to 2.0.
FSB BEA Scholarship Interview Venues, Dates and Requirements
All eligible applicants are to report for interview at the venues scheduled for their respective Zones of origin for proper identification. Two sets of completed application forms should be submitted at the various interview centres with the following attachments:
|Two sets of Photocopies of Educational Certificates and Testimonials of previous schools attended with the originals for sighting|
|Only one certificate is accepted i.e WAEC of May/June for Undergraduate applicants|
|Two copies of Birth Certificate from National Population Commission|
|State of origin/LGA certificate duly signed, stamped and dated|
|Four (4) coloured passport sized photographs on white background|
|Postgraduate applicants will be required to submit Academic transcripts and NYSC discharge or Exemption certificates only|
The following centres have been approved in the six geopolitical zones as follows:
|Federal Polytechnic, Kebbi State changed to: Legislators Quarters Maiduguri Road, Farawa, Kano (JAMB Center)|
|North East||Government Girls Secondary School Damaturu changed to: Former Teachers’ College Quarters Jalingo, Taraba State (a JAMB Office)|
|North Central||Federal Government Boys College Apo, FCT changed to: Plot 2 (Three Arm Zone) along Eastern Bye-Pass,Maiumbi Road, Minna, Niger State|
|South West||FSTC, Yaba Lagos changed to Quarter 845, Agodi GRA, opposite|
Ikolaba Grammar School, Ibadan, Oyo State (a JAMB Zonal office)
|South –South||BDGS Bayelsa,Yenagoa changed to: OkpanamRoad by NTA junction Asaba, Delta State|
|South – East||FGGC Owerri, Imo State changed to: Ubakala, Ubakala junction, Enugu Express Way Umuahia, Abia State (a JAMB Office)|
Kindly note that these centres replace those earlier advertised on the Ministry’s website.
NEW: BEA INTERVIEW SCHEDULE
Day 1 (Wednesday 28th February 2018)
Day 2 (Thursday 1st March 2018)
Anambra, Enugu, Ebonyi
AkwaIbom, Cross Rivers, Bayelsa
Rivers, Edo, Delta
Kogi, Kwara, Benue, FCT
Nasarawa, Niger, Plateau
Ondo, Osun, Lagos
Oyo, Ogun, Ekiti
Borno, Bauchi, Adamawa
Gombe, Yobe, Taraba
Kaduna, Katsina, Sokoto
Kano, Jigawa, Kebbi, Zamfara
Candidates for interview on the 1st Day (Wednesday 28th February, 2018) should appear for screening and documentation on Tuesday February 27th 2018, while candidates for interview on the 2nd Day (Thursday 1st March 2018) should appear for their own screening on Wednesday 28th February, 2018 between 9.00 am to 4.00 pm.
Only cleared candidates will be admitted for the interviews.
NB: Candidates nominated by the Board will be required to submit to Federal Scholarship Board the following:
- Authenticated copies of academic certificates;
- Data page of current International passport; and
- Specified Medical Reports from Government
- Police Clearance Certificate where
How to Apply for the FSB BEA Scholarship
- Visit Federal Ministry of Education’s website education.gov.ng and click on READ MORE on Federal Scholarship Board ICON on the Home Page:
- Read Guidelines and then Complete the Application Form online
- Print the completed Application Form
- Submit two sets of the Printed Application Forms at the venue of the interview as scheduled.
Warning: Double Entries will be disqualified!