Applications are currently ongoing for the European Development Days Young Leaders Programme (Fully-funded to Brussels, Belgium). Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
European Development Days Young Leaders Programme Details and FAQs
- European Development Days Young Leaders Programme Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the selection criteria?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What is the value of the program?
- How long will the program last?
- How to Apply for the Programme:
The European Commission is looking for 15 extraordinary young people (aged 21-26) from across the world, with proven commitment and community engagement, to represent the work and impact on development achieved by youth. Young people are ‘movers and shakers’ in their communities and countries, and are key to solving the universal challenges outlined in the EDD 2018 programme.
Are you playing an active role in the fight for gender equality and women empowerment at the local, national or regional level? Do you want to share your vision of the future with other influential development actors? The time has come to make your voice heard: Apply for the Young Leaders Programme and grab the chance to be invited to Brussels to share your ideas!
Under the main thread of ‘Addressing inequalities: Building a world which leaves no one behind’ the EDD 2019 agenda will be framed around three major themes: Why inequalities matter for sustainable development, Understanding the structural causes of inequalities and Working better together through more effective policies to address inequalities.
When is the application deadline?
24th March 2019 at 1pm CET.
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Applicants must be between 21 and 26 at the time of the forum (June 2019).
- Applications are open to young adults from all around the world, without restriction of nationality.
- Applications must be submitted in one of the following official European Commission languages: English / French / Spanish. The candidate must be able to speak clearly and comprehensively in one of these languages, as well as have a mandatory intermediate level of English.
- Applicants must be able to travel to and participate in EDD 2019 in Brussels (Belgium) in June 2019.
What are the selection criteria?
We will evaluate your application based on three criteria:
- 40% Your knowledge of your chosen topic and the relevance of your active engagement. We encourage candidates to show how their activities have had an impact on the community.
- 30% Your role as a representative of an organisation, other youth or community, and your leadership experience or potential.
- 30% Your public speaking skills and ability to speak at a high-level panel.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What is the value of the program?
The 15 selected Young Leaders will be invited to Brussels, Belgium, and all expenses (Visa, travel, accommodation) will be covered by the European Commission.
During their visit to Brussels, Young Leaders get the chance to visit European institutions, participate in workshops, meet key policymakers and interact with other young people driving change around the world. They will speak at various sessions and enjoy full access to the whole conference. Travel and accommodation is covered by the European Commission.
How long will the program last?
How to Apply for the Programme:
You will find the application form below then instructions for applying on the Program Webpage. Don’t forget that you should submit a completed form before 24 March 2019!