Applications are currently ongoing for the East Tennessee State University (ETSU) Undergraduate and Graduate Academic Merit Scholarship for International Students. Interested students should see the details below.
ETSU Academic Merit Scholarship Details and FAQs
- ETSU Academic Merit Scholarship Details and FAQs
- About ETSU
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- Tenable at:
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- What are the selection criteria?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How many scholarships are available?
- What are the benefits?
- How to Apply for the ETSU Academic Merit Scholarship
The International Students Academic Merit Scholarship is open to new international students seeking a graduate or undergraduate degree. The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only. No additional fees or costs are covered.
The award is available for:
- Eight semesters for undergraduate recipients
- Five semesters for recipients seeking a master’s degree, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Eight semesters for doctoral students, or commensurate with the length of the program.
- Scholarship can be applied to summer semesters.
East Tennessee State University USA offers Undergraduate and graduate Merit Scholarships for international students to study for 2019/2020.
East Tennessee State University (ETSU) is a public university located in Johnson City, Tennessee. Although, it is part of the Tennessee Board of Regents system of colleges and universities, the nation’s sixth largest system of public education, it is now governed by an institutional Board of Trustees as of May 2017. It is also the fourth largest university in the state. ETSU has off-campus centers in nearby Kingsport and Elizabethton.
Listed by The Princeton Review as one of America’s Best Value Colleges, ETSU has a host of programs that benefit both the region and nation; including the James H. Quillen College of Medicine, consistently ranked as one of the top schools nationwide for rural medicine and primary care education; the Bill Gatton College of Pharmacy, the College of Nursing, the College of Public Health, and the recently formed College of Clinical and Rehabilitative Health Sciences.
Unique programs include a nationally acclaimed and accredited program in Bluegrass, Old Time, and Country Music, the nation’s lone master’s degree in Storytelling, and the Appalachian Studies programs, focused on the surrounding Appalachian region. ETSU is also a new home to many international students.
When is the application deadline?
15th October, 2018
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
East Tennessee State University, USA
What is the category of this opportunity?
Undergraduate, Masters, PhD
What are the selection criteria?
- Recipients must maintain full-time status.
- Undergraduate recipients must maintain a 2.75 grade point average in order to continue receiving the scholarship. Graduate recipients must maintain a 3.0 GPA.
- The scholarship only applies to in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees. Recipients will be required to pay other fees such as program fees, course fees, housing costs, and medical insurance costs.
- Recipients continuing from a bachelor’s to a master’s degree program must reapply for the scholarship.
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Be admitted to ETSU as full-time, degree-seeking students. Scholarship applicants must apply for admission to ETSU before their scholarship applications can be reviewed.
- Have or plan to have an F-1 or J-1 student visa
- Have a demonstrated record of academic achievement
- Fill out the scholarship application form.
- Students are encouraged to apply as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
How many scholarships are available?
What are the benefits?
The scholarship covers 50 percent of the total of in and out-of-state tuition and maintenance fees only.
How to Apply for the ETSU Academic Merit Scholarship
Students are encouraged to submit scholarship applications as soon as they are admitted to ETSU.
Applicants who qualify for the scholarship will receive notice of the award in the admissions letter. Students who wish to accept the scholarship award must complete and submit a scholarship acceptance form within three weeks of the date on the admissions letter.
Eligible students can find a link to the online scholarship acceptance form in the admissions letter.