EPFL Masters Fellowship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Switzerland: EPFL Masters Fellowships for International Students. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Switzerland: EPFL Masters Fellowships for International StudentsDetails and FAQs
- Switzerland: EPFL Masters Fellowships for International StudentsDetails and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Selection Procedure:
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- Value of Fellowship:
- How to Apply for the EPFL Masters Fellowships
École Polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) offers a limited number of fellowships at the Master’s level to students with outstanding academic records. Some of the fellowships are financed by EPFL directly and others through partnerships with foundations or companies.
When is the application deadline?
- 15th January 2019
- 15th April 2019
Is the scholarship/opportunity offered annually?
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- Participation is open for candidates of any nationality
- Anyone applying to an EPFL Master’s Program is eligible for the scholarship.
- Anyone holding a Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent) in a related field from a recognized university can apply to one of the EPFL Masters Programs.The selection of candidates and the granting of the fellowships is done based solely on the evaluation of the academic records of the candidates.
A first screening is done by sections. The attribution of the fellowships is then done by the Excellence Fellowships Committee, presided by Prof. Vandergheynst, Vice-Provost for Education.
To ensure that all fellowships are distributed in case of withdrawals, multiple candidates can be selected and placed on a waiting list. The fellowship is then offered to the main candidate who will be given a deadline (2-4 weeks) for confirming the acceptance of her/his admission and fellowship. In case of withdrawal or absence of response, the fellowship is offered to the first candidate on the waiting list who then get a deadline (1-2 weeks) for confirming the acceptance of her/his admission and fellowship.
How many scholarship awards are available?
Value of Fellowship:
- For external applicants, the scholarship includes CHF 16’000 per academic year split into monthly payments (CHF 32’000 for a two-year Master’s or CHF 24’000 for a 1 1/2 year Master’s) and reservation of a room in student’s accommodation.
- Note that accommodation, tuition fees, visa fees, etc. must be paid by the fellowship holder.
How to Apply for the EPFL Masters Fellowships
The application is done via the same online form that your application to a Master’s program is sent. It is however necessary to tick the box indicating that your profile should also be considered for an excellence fellowship.
Applications for starting a Master’s program are open from mid-November to January 15th and from January 16th to April 15th.