The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) /Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) is opening up a National University Scholarship which aim is to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians.
The Shell Nigeria Exploration and Production Company (SNEPCo) pioneered Nigeria’s deep-water oil and gas production at the Bonga field, a project that increased Nigeria’s oil capacity by 10% when output began in 2005.At full output, Bonga has the potential to add more than 200,000 barrels of crude oil and 150 million standard cubic feet of gas to Nigeria’s daily production.
Are you an Undergraduate Student? Have you looking towards getting a scholarship to study in an Nigerian Institution? If yes, here is one for you;
The Shell Nigeria Exploration Production Company (SNEPCo) in collaboration with NNPC announces its National Merit University Scholarship for Undergraduate Nigerian Students.
This scholarship is provided to promote academic excellence and improve the skills of young Nigerians
The merit-based scholarship is open to FULL TIME undergraduates studying any of the under listed courses in Universities within Nigeria.
– Agricultural Science
– Chemical / Process Engineering
– Civil Engineering
– Electrical Engineering
– Geoscience / Geology
– Instrumentation Engineering
– Marine Engineering
– Materials / Corrosion Engineering
– Mathematics / Applied Mathematics
– Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
– Metallurgical Engineering
– Mining Engineering
– Petroleum Engineering
– Physics / Applied Physics
– Process Control Engineering
– Applicants must be citizens of Nigeria.
– Applicant must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship (National or International).
– Applicants must currently be in their second year of full-time study in a Nigerian University accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC)
– Applicants must have a minimum CGPA of 3.0 in a 5-grade system(attach transcripts or official records).
How to Apply
Please take the following steps to access the application form:
1) Use the direct link https://www.nnpc-snepco-scholarship.shell.com/
2) The last three lines of the error message on the website presents three options, click on the second option which states: “Continue to the website”
3) If you are using a mobile phone to access the site, click “Advanced” and “Continue”
Every applicant should have a valid personal email account (for communication purposes)
Candidates who meet the above entry qualifications should apply online at www.nnpc-snepco-scholarshipshellnigeria.com and to provide the required personal and educational details, and load scanned copies of the following:
– A recent passport-sized photograph of the applicant (i.e. jpeg format, not more than 200kilobytes);
University or JAMB (UTME or D/E) Admission Letter;
Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examinations (UTME) Scores;
– ‘O’ Level Result(s); and ‘A’ Level /OND /NCE Result(s) as applicable; and
– Letter of Identification from State (showing Local Government) of Origin.
– Students are to upload their 100l results
The application deadline for this scholarship program is today, 1st September, 2017.
Examination Date: 16th September 2017