Applications are currently ongoing for the David Oyedepo Foundation Undegraduate Scholarships for African Students to Study in Nigeria. Interested students should see the details below.
David Oyedepo Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- David Oyedepo Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- What are the host institutions?
- Which countries are eligible to apply?
- What are the scholarship benefits?
- What are the eligible fields of study?
- What are the eligibility criteria?
- DAVID OYEDEPO FOUNDATION APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE
- What are the selection process and criteria?
- How to Apply for the David Oyedepo Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
The David Oyedepo Foundation scholarship program is our major platform for promoting the Foundation’s vision and goals. The scholarship program awards full ride scholarships to qualified individuals who are indigenes and residents of African countries.
The scholarship seeks to develop youth leaders who are ready to put their learned skills to work in leading organizations, communities and their local countries. The scholarship grants students the opportunity to study at Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria.
When is the application deadline?
15th July 2018
What are the host institutions?
Covenant and Landmark University, Nigeria
Which countries are eligible to apply?
Scholarship program is open to Young Africans:
Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe.
What are the scholarship benefits?
Full Academic fees for a maximum of 5 years. (In accordance to the University stipulated time for duration of chosen course).
The scholarship does not cover:
- Travel allowances
- Feeding allowances
- Medical/Health Insurance or allowance
- Any other fees outside University generated Academic fees for a course at any level.
What are the eligible fields of study?
Programs covered by the DOF Scholars Program include:
Chemical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Electrical and Electronics Engineering, Information & Communications Technology, Petroleum Engineering, Architecture, Applied Biology and Biotechnology, Microbiology, Computer Science, Economics, Accounting, Animal Science, Soil Science, Crop Science, Agricultural And Biosystem Engineering, Electrical And Information Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Biochemistry
What are the eligibility criteria?
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship program is open to Young Africans who meet the following criteria:
- Are citizens and permanent residents of any African Nation
- Are between the ages of 18 and 25 at the time of application submission
- Are eligible to receive a Nigerian student visa
- Are proficient in reading, writing and speaking English
- Have a record of exceptional performance at the secondary school level which is benchmarked by:
1. At least 20 points above JAMB cut off points (for Nigerians only)
2. 80% recorded average or 4.0GPA/5.0 in Secondary/High School Transcript
3. Already have begun admission applications to Covenant or Landmark University
Note: The application for the scholarship does not guarantee admission to the specified Universities; all admission to the University is to be secured independently by going through the University’s admission process. Hence, award of the scholarship is CONDITIONAL on University admission.
Applicants not meeting the above technical eligibility requirements will not be forwarded to the selection committee.
DAVID OYEDEPO FOUNDATION APPLICATION PROCESS TIMELINE
June 6, 2018: Applications Open
July 15, 2018: Application Closes
July, 2018: Finalisation of finalists applicants and contact of same
August – September 2018: Resumption of Scholars in Covenant and Landmark University
What are the selection process and criteria?
The David Oyedepo Foundation Scholarship Program selection process is a need dependent, merit based open competition. After the deadline, all eligible applications will be reviewed by a selection panel. Following this review, chosen finalists will be interviewed by the David Oyedepo Foundation team, through an online video conferencing platform. If advanced to the final round, applicant must provide:
- Proof of application to Covenant or Landmark University
- Proof of citizenship
- All original copies of documents uploaded during application.
Selection panels will use the following criteria to evaluate applications (not in order of importance):
- A proven record of superior scholastic ability
- Displayed financial need
- Outstanding character
- A proven record of leadership and community involvement
- A commitment to influence home community with skills learned
How to Apply for the David Oyedepo Foundation Undergraduate Scholarship
DOF recommends reading these instructions below and referring to them while completing your application.
General Application Tips
- The David Oyedepo Foundation uses an internet based application system. You will need to access a computer and internet to apply. You would also need a scanner in order to upload required documents.
- You do not have to finish your application in one session. You may save your work and return to complete your application as many times as necessary. You must, however, not leave your application untouched for up to 30 days or your account would be deleted.
- You must submit your completed application by the deadline, however you are encouraged to submit before the deadline as no deadline extensions would be provided.
- Answer all questions on the application in English and all documents to be uploaded MUST be translated in English.
- All answers in the application, including written responses to essays must be your own original work.
- Only applicants who complete this application will be considered. Applications and information submitted through email or other means will NOT be considered.