Applications are currently ongoing for the DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarship for Students from Developing Countries Germany. Interested students should see the details below.
DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarship Details and FAQs
- DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- What is the host country and institution?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the selection criteria?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- What is the duration of the programme?
- How to Apply for the DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarship
TU Dortmund University is a university in Dortmund, North Rhine-Westphalia, Germany with over 30,000 students, and over 6,000 staff, offering around 80 Bachelor’s and master’s degree programs.
The International Office at TU Dortmund University accepts applications for this scholarship program several times a year. These scholarships are in place to help PhD, bachelor and maters students who are nearly finished with their degrees. The financial support is intended for students who are in the midst of or about to begin writing their final thesis.
Quaterly, TU Dortmund University offers graduation scholarships to international students from the DAAD project STIBET I. The graduation scholarship is meant to support international students finishing their studies who are in financial hardships by no fault of their own.
When is the application deadline?
6th August 2018
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
What is the host country and institution?
TU Dortmund University, Germany
What is the category of this opportunity?
Undergraduate, Master, PhD
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
Those who wish to apply for a course of study completion scholarship need to meet the following criteria:
- Student Statues: enrolled and registered at TU Dortmund University, as a bachelor, master or PhD student
- Immigrant statues: applications must have completed their university qualifications in a foreign country
- Good academic standing: it is expected that applicants will complete their degree with the foreseeable future (one-year after scholarship) and their thesis should be officially registered no later than the application deadline date.
- Social situation: applicants should genuinely need financial support
Please note: Double-funding is prohibited, i.e. multiple financing for the same purpose is forbidden.
What are the selection criteria?
The fundamental criteria for this scholarship program is first and foremost the student’s academic performance.
If you apply within with in the appropriate application period (current application information can be found online) we will review if the applicant criteria have been met and all the necessary materials have been included. As soon as your application has been thoroughly reviewed one of two things will follow:
a) You will be invited for an interview
b) Your scholarship request will be declined.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the award?
The scholarship sum is set by the DAAD. Grantees receive a minimum of 250 Euros a month.
What is the duration of the programme?
The duration of scholarship funding can range from one to three months. A scholarship extension is generally possible; however applicants are required to reapply.
How to Apply for the DAAD STIBET Graduation Scholarship
To apply, please submit the following documents:
- Completed application form
- Confirmation of registration for your final paper (page 9
of the application; to be filled out by the Examinations Office) (Prüfungsamt)
- Current certificate of enrollment
- Current overview of your grades
- Copy of your residency permit
- Bank statements for the last three months (June to August 2018)
- Proof of a blocked account, legal obligation to pay, scholarship or earnings
- If applicable, credit card statements for the last three months
- If applicable, bank statements from your spouse
- If applicable, a copy of your current work contract