Applications are currently ongoing for the Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) PhD Scholarships for International Students Spain. Interested students should see the details below.
CRAG PhD Scholarship Details and FAQs
- CRAG PhD Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- What is the duration of the program?me
- How to Apply for the CRAG PhD Scholarship
The Doctoral program of the Center for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) hosts students interested in the areas of plant biology and biotechnology, and plant and farm animal genomics and genetics.
The program welcomes applications from motivated national and international students: it is open to students from all countries. PhD students are integrated into any one of the Research Groups at CRAG. Research Groups are organized into four Scientific Programs: Plant Development and Signal Transduction, Plant Responses to Stress, Plant Metabolism and Metabolic Engineering, and Plant and Animal Genomics. PhD students work under the supervision and guidance of a CRAG Group Leader or Researcher for the development of a research project leading to a doctoral dissertation.
As a research institute, CRAG does not grant PhD titles; rather, two of the institutions that form part of the CRAG consortium (University of Barcelona (UB), and Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB)) award PhD degrees for experimental work carried out at CRAG. In addition, CRAG can establish associations with other Universities.
There are about 60 students from about 20 different countries worldwide who are currently working on a full doctoral research project at CRAG.
The Centre for Research in Agricultural Genomics (CRAG) is advertising six 4-year PhD positions for 2019. Doctoral students enrolled in the PhD Program at CRAG will obtain their PhD Degree from either the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) or the University of Barcelona (UB).
When is the application deadline?
30th August 2018
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
Either of the 2 universities that make the CRAG consortium (University of Barcelona (UB), and Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB)), Spain.
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
The program is aimed at international students who have completed one of the following options by July 2019:
- studies that lead to an official Spanish (or from another country of the European Higher Education Area) university degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, or related areas and that have 300 credits (ECTS), of which at least 60 must correspond to master level.
- a degree in a non-Spanish university not adapted to the European Higher Education Area that gives access to doctoral studies in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or related areas.
2. Candidates are selected exclusively on merit, on the basis of their curriculum. Academic grades and the curriculum of applicants are evaluated, as well as reference letters and a motivation letter. No selection criteria for positive or negative discrimination are applied.
3. Candidates cannot be in possession a PhD Degree.
4. Candidates cannot have been hired as predoctoral students for more than 12 months before the start of the PhD Program.
5. Candidates cannot have started a pre-doctoral fellowship funded by the Spanish “Plan Estatal de Investigación, Desarrollo e Innovación Tecnológica” or any previous “Plan Nacional”.
The doctoral program is in English. Therefore, a good knowledge of English is absolutely required. We encourage candidates to support the application with scores of internationally valid language exams like TOEFL or other tests. However, they are not mandatory: a verifiable education in English, or a reasonably long stay in an English speaking country are also convincing.
Applicants will be selected by the Principal Investigator responsible for the chosen project or projects (candidates may apply to more than one project). Successful applicants will start their PhD projects in autumn 2019.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the award?
What is the duration of the program?me
How to Apply for the CRAG PhD Scholarship
- If interested in applying, please carefully read the Application requirements and procedure
and check out all available projects.
- Applicants should send the application materials directly to the Principal Investigator of the project or projects they are interested in. Contact details are in Programme Webpage Link below.