Commonwealth Professional Fellowship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships for Mid-career Professionals in Developing Countries UK. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Commonwealth Professional Fellowship Details and FAQs
- Commonwealth Professional Fellowship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- To be taken at:
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- What are the selection criteria?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the scholarship?
- Duration of scholarship:
- How to Apply for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
The Commonwealth Professional Fellowships support mid-career professionals from developing Commonwealth countries to spend a period of time with a UK host organisation working in their field for a programme of professional development. The Commonwealth Scholarship Commission is offering Research Fellowships for mid-career professionals of Developing Commonwealth Countries to study at a UK host organization.
When is the application deadline?
3rd December 2018 4pm (GMT).
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
Developing Commonwealth country
To be taken at:
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
To be eligible for these fellowship, candidate must:
- Be a citizen of or have been granted refugee status by an eligible Commonwealth country, or be a British Protected Person
- Be permanently resident in an eligible Commonwealth country
- Have normally at least five years’ relevant work experience in a profession related to the subject of the application, by the proposed start of the fellowship
- Be available to start your fellowship within prescribed dates as stated on the CSC website
- Not have undertaken a Commonwealth Professional Fellowship in the last five years
- Not be seeking to undertake an academic programme of research or study in the UK. Academics are eligible to apply for the scheme, but only to undertake programmes of academic management, not research or courses relevant to their research subject
- You must be available to undertake the Fellowship during the dates set out by the Host organisation. All Fellowships must start between 15 April 2019 and 17 June 2019. You should check exact dates with the prospective Host.
What are the selection criteria?
2019 applications for Commonwealth Professional Fellowships will be judged on the following criteria:
- The extent to which the proposed Fellowship will ensure the transfer of skills relevant to the needs of a Commonwealth developing country
- The extent to which those skills will lead to practical benefits for the developing country following the Fellowship
- The extent to which the Fellowship will have a catalytic effect, either within the developing country concerned, or in establishing new relationships with the UK
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the scholarship?
A commonwealth Fellowship covers the living expenses for the Fellow as well as a return airfare to the UK. It also provides funding support to the host organisation, with a budget of up to £3,000 available for attendance at conferences, on short courses, and other eligible costs.
Duration of scholarship:
Typically 3-months but could be extended to 6-months
How to Apply for the Commonwealth Professional Fellowships
- Once the closing date for Fellows’ applications and references has passed your application will be shared with the Host organisation you have applied to in order for them to review all applications and select the candidates they wish to put forward to the Commission. The Commission will make the final selections of Host organisation programmes and individual Fellows.
- Access to the Online Application System will be available soon.