Canon Collins Internship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the Canon Collins Paid Internship Program for Graduate Students. Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
Canon Collins Paid Internship Program Details and FAQs
Canon Collins Educational and Legal Assistance Trust is seeking applications for its Scholarships Assistant position. The post-holder is responsible for providing administrative support and event management support to the Scholarships Manager.
When is the application deadline?
5th December 2018
• To provide administrative support, including responding to general queries, maintaining information databases and online application forms
• In conjunction with the Scholarships Manager, organise student functions
• Provide ongoing advice for scholars arriving the UK
• Assist with liaising with universities in South Africa and promoting scholarship opportunities
• Assist with monitoring impact of our scholarship programmes, including creating surveys and data analysis
• Participate in the scholarship assessment and selection process, including reviewing applications forms and assisting with scheduling interviews
• Assist with maintaining the Trust’s online presence (updating and creating content for the scholarships pages of our website and social media)
Note: In addition to the tasks outlined above, the Intern will be required to assist with ad hoc administrative duties as reasonably required by other members of the team. The post may occasionally entail duties outside normal working hours.
The job is based in Canon Collins Trust’s office in Vauxhall, London.
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible?
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline
- Excellent organisational/administrative skills and attention to detail
- Interest in, and general knowledge of, issues ofsocial justice and international development
- Interest in issues of education and human rights in southern Africa
- Proficient standard IT skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe etc.)
- Excellent writing, research and proofreading skills
- Experience with, and interest in, organisational use of social media
- Specialised knowledge of/experience in education and human rights in southern Africa
- Experience with data entry and management
- An eye for design and experience using relevant software (InDesign, Photoshop or similar)
- Experience of website content maintenance (Drupal would be a particular advantage)
What are the benefits?
£19,200 per annum, pro rata.
What is the duration of the program?
Up to 7 months from January 2019 (ending July 2019)
How to Apply for the Programme
- Please send your CV and a covering letter (max 1 page A4) outlining your experience and explaining what you could bring to the role to email@example.com by close of business on 5th December.
- We hope to hold interviews during week commencing 10th December. Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and limited resources mean that we cannot give feedback to others