Applications are currently ongoing for the Chevening Scholarships for students from Nigeria to study in UK universities. Interested students should see the details below.
British Chevening Scholarship Details and FAQs
- British Chevening Scholarship Details and FAQs
- How to Apply for the British Chevening Scholarships
Chevening provides fully-funded scholarships, leaving you free to focus on achieving your academic goals and enjoying the experience of a lifetime. You will live and study in the UK for a year, during which time you will develop professionally and academically, grow your network, experience UK culture, and build lasting positive relationships with the UK.
When is the application deadline?
3rd November 2020, at 12:00 (GMT).
What are the eligible countries?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
What are the eligible fields of study?
Chevening Scholarships are awarded across a wide range of fields; including politics, government, business, the media, the environment, civil society, religion, and academia in any UK University
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship you must:
- Applicants must be Nigerians
- Applicants must have completed all components of an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university by the time you submit your application. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK but may be different depending on your course and university choice.
- Applicants must be fluent in English Language and have great communication skills
- Applicants must have at least two years (equivalent to 2,800 hours) of work experience.
- Applicants must apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
- Applicants must return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended.
How long will the scholarship last?
How to Apply for the British Chevening Scholarships
All Chevening applicants must submit their education documents, references, and one unconditional UK university offer. The deadlines for these required documents are in the application timeline. Use the ‘Apply’ button to upload them.
If you are eventually conditionally selected for a Chevening Scholarship, it is essential that you have submitted these documents in order to remain in the process.
Applicants will receive email updates about your application status at each step of the selection process. You can also check your status on the online application system.
Visit the Official Scholarship Webpage at: https://www.chevening.org/scholarship/nigeria/ for more details.