Arizona State University and KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Invitation: Applications are currently ongoing for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at Arizona State University and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (Fully-funded). Interested students can see the details and apply if eligible.
- About Institutions
- Arizona State University and KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Details and FAQs
- When is the application deadline?
- Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
- In which host country will the awardees be studying?
- What is the category of this opportunity?
- How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
- How many scholarship awards are available?
- What are the benefits of the award?
- How to Apply for the Arizona State University and KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
Arizona State University is a public metropolitan research university on five campuses across the Phoenix metropolitan area, and four regional learning centers throughout Arizona.
Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) is a university in Kumasi, Ashanti, Ghana. The Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology is the public university established in the country, as well as the largest university in Kumasi Metropolis and Ashanti. KNUST has its roots in the plans of the King Asantehene Agyeman Prempeh I to establish a university in Kumasi as part of his drive towards modernization of his Ashanti kingdom. This plan never came to fruition due to the clash between British empire expansion and the desire for King Prempeh I to preserve his Ashanti kingdom’s independence.
Arizona State University and KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Details and FAQs
The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at ASU and KNUST provides academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in Ghana and Africa with access to quality and relevant University education. The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program embodies an array of mentoring and cultural transition services to ensure the scholar’s academic success, community engagement and transition to employment opportunities which will further the goal of social and economic transformation of Africa.
It aims to train a cohort of students in a 3+1+1 International Accelerated Degree Program (IADP) to contribute to societal change and transformation of the African Continent.
Applications are invited for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship Program at Arizona State University and Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology for Students from Ghana and Africa.
When is the application deadline?
31st October, 2018 17:00GMT
Which countries are eligible for the scholarship?
In which host country will the awardees be studying?
Ghana (Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology) and USA (Arizona State University)
What is the category of this opportunity?
How do I know if I’m eligible for the scholarship?
For the 2018/2019 Academic Year Application,
- All applicants must be in one of the following programs of study;
- Mechanical Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Materials Engineering
- Logistics and Supply Chain Management
- Business Analytics (BIT)
- Business Finance
- All Applicants must be in their third year of study.
- All Applicants must have a minimum CWA of Sixty-Five (65.00).
- The Applicant must have No Outstanding Trails.
- The Applicant must have Critical Economic Needs.
- The Applicant must have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- Females and Physically Challenged Applicants shall be given top priority.
- The Applicant must be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
How many scholarship awards are available?
What are the benefits of the award?
The Scholarship includes:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation and monthly stipend).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, life and career coaching, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services and mentoring (Go-back Give- Back), and uniquely sourced internships.
- An academic environment where faculty and students engage with global issues.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Alumni and the Global Scholars Community.
- The opportunity to be enrolled on an accelerated Master’s Degree after undergraduate studies
How to Apply for the Arizona State University and KNUST MasterCard Foundation Scholarship
Download a copy of the 2018/2019 application form.
Submit the completed application form by hand to:
The Program Manager,
MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST,
Office of the Dean of Students, KNUST
Private Mail Bag
Only shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews which would be held at the KNUST Secretariat of MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at the Office of the Dean of Students.
Interviews will be done by an independent panel constituted by the Vice Chancellor of KNUST.
Verification of ALL examination results and information provided, as well as community visits of SUCCESSFUL applicants, will be conducted before admission is approved.
Award of the Scholarship will be published on the University’s website