Applications are currently ongoing for the 2017/2018 Total E&P Postgraduate Scholarships for Nigerian Students. Interested applicants should see the details below.
Total E&P Nigeria Limited through the Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt is offering scholarships to Postgraduate Nigerian students of the University of Portharcourt for Post Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Technology programme 2017/2018.
The aim of this operations-oriented Post Graduate Diploma in Petroleum Technology programme, sponsored by TOTAL E&P NIGERIA LIMITED, is to improve the technical competence and skills of graduates from the communities in which they operate to make them effective and competitive for recruitment in the petroleum industry.
On completion of this programme, the graduates will among other skills, be able to:
- Effectively use Petroleum Engineering Softwares
- Supervise drilling operations, develop wells and carry out drilling optimization programmes
- Supervise, and evaluate well completion, Workover and well stimulation programmes
- Operate onshore and offshore oil and gas production facilities
- Carry out well performance enhancement programmes
- Deadline: 14th July 2017
- Aptitude Test: July 26, 2017.
- Oral interview: August 23, 2017 at IPS Park
Candidates must possess a minimum of Second Class Honours (Lower Division), Bachelor’s Degree in any branch of Engineering and the Physical/Chemical Sciences and should have completed their NYSC. There shall be written test and oral screening to further determine suitability of candidates.
- Award of Diploma: Successful students, at the end of the programme, shall receive a Diploma of the University of Port Harcourt, Nigeria.
- Professional Certification: Students may be exposed to programmes and presented with Associate Environment Practitioners (AEP) Certification (NREP, USA).
How to Apply
A non-refundable application fee of Fifteen Thousand Naira (#15, 000) in certified bank draft shall be made payable to the Institute of Petroleum Studies, University of Port Harcourt. Applicants should include a pre-paid FedEx envelope with the draft and collect the form in person. Forms can be filled online from IPS website and also make payment online.
- Names of short-listed candidates will be displayed on IPS website: www.ipsng.org
- Short-listed candidates will also be contacted by e-mail